- This article is about the type of catalog item. To view all accessories, see Category:Accessories. To see the class page, see Accessory.
An accessory is an item that users equip to the head, neck, shoulder, face, front, back, or waist region of their ROBLOXian.
ROBLOX made an update of Hats being Accessories sometime during 2016.
Types of accessories
- Main article: Hat
The main type of accessories. Up to three hats of this type can be worn by the player.
This type is for hairs and wigs. Up to only one hat of this type can be worn by the player.
This type is for face additions, such as glasses and fake mustaches. Up to only one hat of this type can be worn by the player.
This type is for accessories hung to the neck, such as ties and necklaces. Up to only one hat of this type can be worn by the player.
This type is for accessories clipped to the player's arm.
This type is meant for accessories clipped to the front of the torso. A very few accessories belong to this category.
This type is for accessories clipped to the back of the torso.
This type is for accessories hung to the player's waistline.
The most common way to obtain an accessory is to purchase it from the catalog using ROBUX. Accessories can also be won in contests or obtained from gift hats. There are free accessories made for new users, but anyone can buy them.Note that accessories are common to become limited or limited unique items, which typically sell for much higher than the original price.
Accessories on ROBLOX are known to be the subject of criticism. Most users consider them to be overpriced, in which many of them cost 500 ROBUX or greater, and expensive to where, usually, only BC members can afford them.
Some of the free accessories were criticized for being ugly when tickets were removed.
The main purpose of ROBLOX is for gaming and building, not holding a fashion show. Accessories on ROBLOX is just an addition for a ROBLOXian. Gameplay is slightly affected with Accessories, mainly being that, for large Accessories, it can increase the distance of where you are hit, and the distance of where you pick items up, Similar to Packages.
You can have 400 ROBUX by paying only 5 USD to ROBLOX. This makes about 80 ROBUX per dollar.
Most of RP games or fashion show games provided many ways for you to dress up without buying accessories from the Catalog.
Limited accessories are accessories that were once sold, but then chosen to be put on limited sale. When put on limited sale, no new copies of this accessory will be produced, and the people who bought the accessory during its sale will be able to sell the accessory at a price chosen to their desire, given that the user has a form of Builders Club.
Limited unique accessories
Limited unique accessories are accessories that have a certain amount of copies, and when first published, are sold by the admins. All copies of a limited unique accessory have a special number to it, and when a user buys the accessory, they gets that specific copy of the accessory. For example, if an accessory is limited unique, and has only 100 copies, and you buy the 50th, your accessory will be designated by a #50/100. Once the accessory is sold out, all owners of the accessory with Builders Club can sell the accessory at a price they desire.
Because these accessories have a designated number, many users try to collect limited unique hats with that specific number.
Please note this list won't include event items. And also the "sold" list may be inaccurate.
ROBLOX sells the following accessories for free:
|Brown Charmer Hair||Hair||March/April 2016||Still available||Free hat come out when Tickets Removal is announced.|
|Stylish Glasses||Face||April 11, 2016||Offsale||Received from Stylist Gift from ROBLOX.|
|Tourist Camera||Neck/Front||April 11, 2016||Offsale||Received from the Tourist Gift from ROBLOX.|
|Red Roblox Cap||Hat||2011||Still available||Originally the starter accessory for people who chose male as gender|
|Orange Shades||Face||March/April 2016||Still available||Free hat come out when Tickets Removal is announced.|
|Lavender Updo||Hair||August/September 2016||Still available||Female Guests' default accessory.|
|ROBLOX 'R' Baseball Cap||Hat||May/June 2016||Still available||Guests' default accessory if didn't choose the gender.
New version of Red Roblox Cap.
|Jade Necklace with Shell Pendant||Neck||March/April 2016||Still available||Free hat come out when Ticket Removal is announced.|
|Straight Blond Hair||Hair||March/April 2016||Still available||Free hat come out when Ticket Removal is announced.|
|Black Ponytail||Hair||March/April 2016||Still available||Free hat come out when Ticket Removal is announced.|
|Stylish Aviators||Face||March/April 2016||Still available||Free hat come out when Ticket Removal is announced.|
|True Blue Hair||Hair||July/August 2016||Still available||Male Guests' default accessory.|
|ROBLOX Visor||Hat||1 January 2016||Offsale||Preceded: 2015
|Blond Spiked Hair||Hair||March/April 2016||Still available||Free hat come out when Ticket Removal is announced.|
|Warm Gift of 2016||Hat||1 December 2016||Offsale||Fourth free gift item from ROBLOX
Item: Warm Winter Scarf
|Festive Gift of Fun||Hat||10 December 2016||Offsale||Fifth free gift item from ROBLOX
Item: Festive Winter Shades
|Gift of Winter Future||Hat||17 December 2016||Offsale||Sixth free gift item from ROBLOX
Item: Snowy Red Ice-Nine Drone Helm
|ROBLOX Visor||Hat||January 1, 2017||Still available||Preceded: 2016 Visor
Succeeded: 2018 Visor
|ROBLOX Logo Visor||Hat||January 16, 2017||Still available||Came after the logo changed,
|Roblox Baseball Cap||Hat||January 16, 2017||Still available||Came after the logo changed, free.|
- Development on accessories began in 2007, and continue to this day.
- In 2007, ROBLOX tried to use/test hair but failed.
- Since accessories make ROBLOXians heavier, the rocket boots fly slower and players jump lower.
- Accessories can assist you in sword fighting, as they make you heavy and lunge.
- Administrators are currently the only users who can make accessories typically using the user ROBLOX. However, by 2017, ROBLOX will allow non-admins to make accessories. A common admin to make accessories and other kinds of items in the catalog is Tarabyte, who occasionally posts on the forum.
- Most accessories only fit the default head, however some accessories fit other heads, like the Blockhead Baseball Cap.
- Before January 9, 2017, users could drop accessories in-game using the '=' key. It was removed due to having no use in games, and created a lot of mess. It can be brought back by using the following script in this thread: 
- Wearing more than 4 accessories is caused by spamming hat givers like they got a fedora, then a different fedora, a glass, then headphones.
- ROBLOX usually makes accessories on random days, or on a holiday, which is notified as "New" on the top right corner of the accessory's picture. The tag is removed after about three days. Some items classified as "New" by the tag are free.
- If a player drops all of their accessories, they may only pick one back up. This is most likely because of the code not being changed from being allowed to wear one accessory to three.