- This article is about the type of catalog item. To view all accessories, see Category:Accessories. To see the class page, see Accessory.
An accessory is an item that users equip to the head, neck, shoulder, face, front, back, or waist region of their Robloxian avatar on the simulator.
Accessories were once called "hats". Roblox released a catalog/avatar update in late 2016 that changed "hats" to "accessories"; accessories were categorized by the type.
Types of accessories
- Main article: Hat
This category is for hats, hoods, masks, and anything located on the top of an avatar's head. Up to three accessories of this type can be worn by a player.
This type is for hair and wigs. Only one accessory of this type can be worn by a player.
This type is for facial additions, such as glasses and fake mustaches. Only one face accessory can be worn by a player.
This type is for accessories located to the neck, such as ties, necklaces, or scarves. Only one hat of this type can be worn by a player.
This type is for accessories located on the player's shoulder.
This type is meant for accessories on the front of the torso. Very few accessories belong to this category.
This type is for accessories on the back of the avatar torso, such as capes or backpacks.
This type is for accessories around the avatar's waistline, like tails and belts.
The most common way to obtain an accessory is to purchase it from the catalog using Robux. Accessories can also be won in contests or obtained from gift hats during the holidays. Exclusive items can be acquired during promotional events. There are free accessories made for new users, but anyone can buy them.Note that accessories sometimes become Limited or Limited Unique items, which typically are sold for much higher than the original price.
Accessories on Roblox are known to be one of the main subjects of criticism. Many users consider them to be overpriced; many of them cost 500 Robux or greater, and are expensive to the point where often only BC members can afford them.
A large portion of the free accesories, shirts, pants and more were criticized for being ugly when tickets (known as Tix) were removed.
Since the first half of 2018, many ROBLOX users, especially new or young players, have often created hoaxes about certain retextures of valuable accessories, such as the Counterfeit Domino Crown and the Dominus Venari, as they are either intended to be a joke or believe that the sole user who won a single-copy item used an exploit to obtain it (leading to the user or the creator of the accessory being harassed and/or multiple hoax accounts to be created).
The main purpose of Roblox is for gaming and building, not holding a fashion show. Accessories on Roblox is just an addition for a Robloxian. Gameplay is barely affected with Accessories.*
You can have 400 Robux by paying only 5 USD to Roblox. This makes about 80 Robux per dollar.
Most RP games or fashion show games provided many ways for you to dress up without buying accessories from the Catalog.
- Large accessories can increase the distance of where your Robloxian can be hit, and the distance of where you pick items up, similar to packages.
- Note: wearing the Bacon Hair hair accessory will be noticed as a offical noob.
Limited accessories are accessories that were once sold, but then chosen to be put on limited sale. When put on limited sale, no new copies of this accessory will be produced, and the people who bought the accessory during its sale will be able to sell the accessory at a price chosen to their desire, given that the user has a form of Builders Club.
Limited unique accessories
Limited unique accessories are accessories that have a certain amount of copies, and when first published, are sold by the admins. All copies of a limited unique accessory have a special number to it, and when a user buys the accessory, they gets that specific copy of the accessory. For example, if an accessory is limited unique, and has only 100 copies, and you buy the 50th, your accessory will be designated by a #50/100. Once the accessory is sold out, all owners of the accessory that have Builders Club can sell the accessory at a price they desire.
Because these accessories have a designated number, many users try to collect limited unique hats with that specific number.
Main article: Free item
This list features all free accessories available on the catalog excluding purchasable free items from events. Please note that it is not ordered in any particular way.
|Brown Charmer Hair||Hair||March 2nd, 2016||Onsale||Came out when Tix removal was announced.|
|Red Roblox Cap||Hat||March 23rd, 2011||Onsale||Originally the starter accessory for people who chose male as gender.|
|Orange Shades||Face||March 2nd, 2016||Onsale||Came out when Tix removal was announced.|
|Lavender Updo||Hair||July 8th, 2016||Onsale||Was female guests' default accessory when guests existed.|
|Roblox 'R' Baseball Cap||Hat||May 20th, 2016||Onsale||Newer version of Red Roblox Cap. When guests existed, this was a guest's default accessory if a they didn't choose their gender.|
|Jade Necklace with Shell Pendant||Neck||March 2nd, 2016||Onsale||Came out when Tix removal was announced.|
|Straight Blond Hair||Hair||March 2nd, 2016||Onsale||Came out when Tix removal was announced.|
|Black Ponytail||Hair||March 20th, 2018||Onsale||Came out when Tix removal was announced.|
|Stylish Aviators||Face||December 25th, 2016||Onsale||Came out when Tix removal was announced.|
|True Blue Hair||Hair||July/August 2016||Onsale||Was male guests' default accessory when guests existed.|
|2016 ROBLOX Visor||Hat||January 1st, 2016||Offsale||Released as a part of the ROBLOX Visor series, preceded by the 2015 ROBLOX Visor, and followed by the 2017 ROBLOX Visor.|
|Blond Spiked Hair||Hair||March 2nd, 2016||Onsale||Came out when Tix removal was announced.|
|2017 ROBLOX Visor||Hat||January 1st, 2017||Offsale||Released as a part of the ROBLOX Visor series, preceded by the 2016 ROBLOX Visor, and followed by the 2018 Roblox Visor.|
|ROBLOX Logo Visor||Hat||January 16, 2017||Onsale||Released as a part of the logo change.|
|Roblox Baseball Cap||Hat||January 16, 2017||Onsale||Released as a part of the logo change.|
- Development on accessories began in 2007, and continues to this day.
- In 2007, Roblox tried to use/test hair but failed.
- Since accessories make Robloxians a bit heavier, players jump lower with lots of them on.
- Accessories can assist you in sword fighting, as they make you heavy and lunge.
- Administrators are currently the only users who can make accessories, typically using the Roblox user. However, by 2018, Roblox will allow non-admins to make accessories. A common admin to make accessories and other kinds of items in the catalog is Tarabyte, who used to occasionally post on the forum.
- Most accessories only fit the default head, however some accessories fit other heads, like the Blockhead Baseball Cap.
- Before January 9, 2017, users could drop accessories in-game using the '=' key. It was removed due to having no use in games, and created a lot of mess. It can be brought back by using the following script in this thread: 
- Roblox makes accessories randomly, or on holidays, or for promotional purposes.
- For the first three days after an accessory is released, it carries the "New" tag on the top right corner of the accessory's picture.