The Ambassador program was a feature, allowing both free players and Builders Club members to gain more tickets. The program was released on April 22, 2009, along with the extension of 32 more character and in-game colors.
Players had to post a Roblox link to another website. Each link would award all players 2 tickets per domain. With three active links, the Ambassador badge would be given. Ever since the feature came out, hundreds of players received the badge, as well as a gift, costing 2000 Robux later on.
A cap was also set for all players to prevent abusing the system. The max was set to 50 links.
On October 14, 2014, administrator Gordonrox24 announced that the ambassador badge would be deleted and removed from all profiles. This choice was met by heavy criticism by the community.
- Visit Roblox's Ambassador page.
- An HTML link was supplied which was used to be copied and pasted onto another site. The exact code must have been pasted, otherwise it would not work.
- Submit the link with the exact off-site page. The link would have been seen before given credit.
On March 6, 2012, Roblox announced that the ambassador program had ended.
Social Media Manager Taylor Whitmer reported on the Roblox blog, stating that that feature was only used to make profit and had no usage for promotions:
After two years of experimenting, we have realized that the program is not as valuable as players who come to us through word of mouth or through social media. The Ambassador Program became spammy, which we realized was not a benefit to our players or other websites. We have looked at the numbers, and we simply don't have enough users to justify continuing the program. Part of being a healthy company and an elegant service is removing things rather than adding them..
- ↑ http://blog.roblox.com/2009/04/introducing-the-roblox-ambassador-program/
- ↑ http://blog.roblox.com/2012/03/simpplifyingroblox/
- Introducing the Roblox Ambassador Program: http://blog.roblox.com/2009/04/introducing-the-roblox-ambassador-program/
- Simplifying Roblox: http://blog.roblox.com/2012/03/simpplifyingroblox/