Builders Club Only Places (more commonly known as BC Only Places) was a feature added in December 30, 2010. It allowed members of Builders Club, Turbo Builders Club, and Outrageous Builders Club members to make their place available only to members with premium membership.
If a user would search for a BC game (Ex: Sandbox BC) they will see a BC hard hat icon at the corner, which means that the place is BC only. If you click play, you will see the message above. "You need Builders Club for this! Builders Club membership is required to play in this place."
Popular BC Only places were shown at the top of the Game Page. (Now no longer used, leading to a very large decline in BC-Only places.)
BC Only Places
These places were added for BC members only, in both online and solo mode. These places would pay the place owner 10 tickets for every visit, instead of one. In the Forums, reesemcblox told users to make another place for Non-Builders Club members.If the user was not in Builders Club and attempts to join a BC Only Place, a message would pop up, saying,
"You need Builders Club for this!
Builders Club membership is required to play in this place."
Generally, good BC Only Places had a near-identical or identical non-BC (or NBC) place.
Removal from front page
In June 2015, the BC Only Places section on the games page was removed. Shortly after, Shedletsky announced the reason being they made no profit from them. The reason was that the owners of BC places had an NBC copy so people would just play the all members place, thereby maximizing the owner's profit.
The feature was poorly received, because of the way admins spoke about NBC players and the issue, causing mass protests of the feature by non-premium players. Ironically, many (T/O)BC members also protested about the feature, even with a few noteworthy protests by OBC stickmasterluke regarding the issue. The whole issue created hundreds of pages of discussion in the ROBLOX forums. The first night after the release, MrDoomBringer banned some users who were protesting the feature.
Many protests of the new feature called BC only games "Jim Blox" and "Segregation at its finest".
The comments on a game give a more reliable view of the general public opinion of this feature, because people are more likely to use the forums if they are angry. Generally, other reception of the new feature was mixed, with about 50% negative and 50% mixed/positive. Many noted that they don't have an opinion on the feature but didn't like the reaction of the negative crowd.
Some users, such as SharpTH, made YouTube videos, in which SharpTON's was a ROBLOX version of a Tom and Jerry movie scene, where Builderman took place while saying "We got to have...Money...".
- For one time, BC only places were almost always not seen in the popularity pages, and could only be seen via searching for the place. This made some users think the BC Only places were removed.
- Shedletsky once made his game "Sword Fight on the Heights IV" a BC only game, and it received much hatred. Since then, Shedletsky has made it a NBC place again.
- Developers formerly used BC Only Places for BETA testing until Paid Access Places were released on ROBLOX.
- BC only places are hated by NBC users. (And NBC'ers are hated by most BC'ers PROOF:This is an example of a game where you had to destroy NBC'ers.)
- Guests were allowed to play BC only places before the guests' account was unlinked with ROBLOX.