DeadzoneZackZak (real name Nelson Sexton) was a user who joined ROBLOX on January 1, 2013. The user was initially launched by another user named ZackZak for the Deadzone game project, hence the reason why there the username starts with Deadzone and ends with ZackZak. DeadzoneZackZak is best known for his games Deadzone and Battlefield, both of which appear on the front pages of the games page. Deadzone is a popular zombie game where players must amass food and other necessities while battling zombies and other players in a post-apocalyptic world. The game has caused some controversy because of its similarities with Apocalypse Rising, which is also a multiplayer open-world zombie survival game made by Gusmanak. Battlefield is DeadzoneZackZak's newest game; it is a first person shooter based on the popular game series of the same name that is currently under development but abandoned due to various problems that he encountered from Roblox on attempting to rectify it. Despite these issues, both of the aforementioned games had already hit the front page multiple times.
DeadzoneZackZak had mostly left ROBLOX to develop his own popular indie game on Steam called "Unturned", which is a free game with similar concepts to his previous popular game Deadzone. His rise to fame in Unturned was noted by ROBLOX in the July 11 blog featuring him "From ROBLOX Game Dev to Steam Sensation".
- Main article: Deadzone
Deadzone is DeadzoneZackZak's most popular game. The game is well liked for the terrain present on the map. The game also features a custom-made animation system for his game which features walking, crouching, and prone positions, as well as minor item animations such as eating, equipping guns, reloading, aiming down sights, and more. However, DeadzoneZackZak has been criticized by many ROBLOX users for adding new content without testing it and thus, leading to many bugs. DeadzoneZackZak comes out with constant updates for his massive and loving fan-base. A short series of disputes happened between DeadzoneZackZak and Gusmanak due to the popularity of both Deadzone and Apocalypse Rising, and because of the similarities between the two games. One possible reason to the negative view of each other is because Deadzone was first released on the day when Apocalypse Rising was put down, due to game-breaking glitches that were later fixed.
- Main article: Battlefield
Battlefield is DeadzoneZackZak's second most popular game. The game is a first person shocoter that is currently being developed by the same players who built Deadzone. Despite the fact that the game is still in alpha testing, the game has become immensely popular. However, further development is currently halted due to problematic bugs that can't be fixed.
These are some possible reasons why Deadzone was banned.
- An Apocalypse Rising player copied Deadzone or Battlefield on a earlier made place and reported the original for no reason.
- He posted a Twitch link following the development of Deadzone 2, which is off-ROBLOX.
- Right now DeadzoneZackZac is unbanned as of 11/23/13
- DeadzoneZackZak was accused by players many times for having no originality, as his game, Deadzone, had the same features as a similar game of the same genre, Apocalypse Rising.
- According to DeadzoneZackZak's Twitter account @SDGNelson, his real name is Nelson Sexton, he is 18 years old, and he resides in Canada.
- Nelson went on to create the extremely popular zombie survival game Unturned on steam, and has become extremely well known among Steam developers. Unturned has almost 300,000 downloads on Steam.