Egg Hunt 2018: The Great Yolktales was the ninth annual Egg Hunt event that started on March 28, 2018. For this egg hunt, players have to find eggs across different worlds. Certain eggs may be found at random, while others are earned by completing quests. In the years past, Roblox hosted Egg Drops in 2008 and 2010, the first Roblox Egg Hunt to be held in one place was the 2012 hunt, and the first Roblox Egg Hunt to be held in a game universe was the 2014 hunt. For this egg hunt, players will try to find eggs across different worlds. The players will receive a badge when an egg is found and the egg corresponding to the badge will be obtained as a wearable hat as well. The game is compatible across multiple platforms, including Xbox One.
NOTE: Despite the event page getting taken down, rumors that this egg hunt has ended are currently false.
Notice: Worlds in italics are special worlds, which cannot be teleported to using the Eggcyclopedia provided in-game. Players must search for certain teleporters in normal worlds. After Aymor is defeated The Ruined Library is restored to The Grand Library.
- The Ruined Library/The Grand Library
- Wonderland Grove
- Merlin's Swamp
- Easterbury Canal
- Stein's Basement
- Hardboiled City
- City Locations (Accessible via Subway)
- Sunnyside Heights
- Festival of Eggs
- Mega Corporation
- Office of Creators
- Frittata Square
- Capon Yards
- Fractured Space
- Sunnyside Heights
- City Locations (Accessible via Subway)
- Ruins of Wookong:
- Return of the Rabbit
- The Undernest
- Blizzard Valley
- Aymor's Lair
On April 2nd, 2018, Fifteam announced a new world coming out at the end of the first week of April. This new world or "World 6" could potentially contain the Fifteam egg, and maybe some other eggs such as the Dragon Scale Egg or the Eggsteroid.
As of April 5th, this new world is "Fractured Space" and was released which contains the Fifteam egg.
|Eggmin Launcher||Use this launcher to rain down some eggs in the Egg Hunt!||
The ROBLOX Egg inside the catapult is a placeholder. It shoots out Eggmin 2018s.
As of April 9th, 2018, the Eggmin Launcher is purchasable for the catalog for R$10,000.
As of April 12th, 2018, it is purchaseable in-game for 38,000 golden eggs (if one buys the golden eggs with robux, they'd most likely spend around R$8100).
|Dragon Egg Backpack||
Celebrate Spring with our limited-time offers. Let the power of the dragon flow through you! Wear this in Egg Hunt 2018 to emit flames, spawn exploding eggs, and get a special footstep sound.
(75% off – R$40).
While playing the game, you can emit flames, spawn exploding eggs, and have a special footstep sound.
It is only buyable in Android devices, although there is a glitch that you can buy it in PC.
Six eggs were not finished when ROBLOX released the event early. As of April 7th, 2018, they were confirmed on the Fifteam Discord server by a moderator to be red herrings, and were published to divert attention away from the Stained Glass Egg, an item for the Ready Player One event.
|Dragon Scale Egg||Dragon scales are one of the toughest materials known! Ipso eggto, combining it with an egg makes it virtually indestructible! Right? Right.||A purple egg surrounded by red, orange and purple triangular scales.|
|Gross Egg||Somewhat self-explanatory. Also, the winner of last year’s state fair science experiment!||A green egg covered in sludge, causing numerous bubbles to from across the egg. This egg also has the same mesh as the Malicious Egg from Easter Egg Hunt 2014.|
|Recycled Bloom Egg||It’s always a wonderful time of the year when the recycling hits full bloom!||An egg wrapped in newspaper, with a "bloom" at the top.|
|Nobody starts off as a top sleuth. You gotta earn it! One egg at a time.||A yellow egg with a blue hexagonal egg attached to the top of the egg. A miniature city, moon and detective sits on top of the egg.|
|Wonderland Minor Egg||A minor wonder in a land chock full of them! An egg for all manner of parties and occasions.||A yellow egg covered in various items, which include a top hat, a slice of strawberry cheesecake, two heart and spade ace cards and a pocket watch.|
|Eggsteroid||Flying through space at unheard of speeds. Not to be confused with a meteggor! (You can tell by the stardust)||An egg shaped like an orange asteroid, which many people confuse it with a 'meteggor'.|
These eggs do not require a specific world to go to obtain.
|An Admin? How auspicious! From everyone at Roblox, we hope you have enjoyed Egg Hunt 2018!||The bottom half of a cracked eggshell. A red ROBLOX Logo sits on top of the cracked eggshell.||
Be the first to collect the egg when spawned, in which it spawns in light beams when shot from Eggmin Launchers. Admins and players who have purchased the Eggmin Launcher are the only people who can spawn these eggs in servers.
Players equipped with the Eggmin Launcher are commonly found in the Grand Library / Ruined Library.
|Nobody knows how it began. But before anything could be done, the world was overrun. Silver lining: a lot less traffic!||An egg that looks like a cartoonish depiction of a zombie with an open head revealing a brain, dead white eyes and an open mouth revealing the egg's gums and teeth.||Find and touch a player wearing the eggfection egg in any server. Touching an admin also gives the egg, and is where it originated.|
These eggs require a certain number of objects to be collected across multiple worlds to be obtainable.
|What a journey! The eggs. The puns. And, oh, who could forget the egg puns? A huge thanks to Fifteam for making this one of the most memorable Egg Hunts to date!||Colorful puzzle pieces bent around to form an egg, but cut in the middle with a black background with the words "FIFTEAM" written on it.||
Collect 11 puzzle pieces in 11 worlds, go to Capon Yards in hardboiled city and go to the arcade. The door should be open and go talk to Mr. Roblox. He will teleport you to "Fractured Space." Complete a difficult obby then go talk to the pig. After that, go into the castle and the egg should be sitting there.
|Sometimes if you want something done right, you just gotta do it yourself. This was not one of those times.||A paper bag with a colorful Easter egg and flowers under it on both sides.||Collect the Paper Bag from the library and all 3 crayons from each of the main worlds. Finally, after the Ruined Library is restored, talk to the NPC on the balcony.|
Throughout the thousand-year history of stained glass never has there been a more exemplary egghibition of master craftsmanship.
Well, well, well - looks like there might be more to this egg than meets the eye.
|A Blue & Yellow egg with lines resembling a glass, and a multi-colored keyhole. The keyhole wasn't on the egg initially.||
Collect 8 purple cubes, 2 in Wonderland Grove, 2 in Easterbury Canals, 1 in Hardboiled City, 1 in Festival Of Eggs, 1 in The Ruins Of Wookong, and 1 in The Undernest. After you collect all of the cubes, go to the Festival Of Eggs and take a screenshot of the balloons. Then go to Merlin's Swamp, and find a cave. Put the colors from the balloons in the correct order from left to right. Then, open the door, and you will see a chest with the egg in it.
Puzzle Piece Locations
To start the Fifteam Egg quest, you have to own the Aymegg. Then speak to Mr. Roblox at Egg Society. He will ask you to fetch eleven Puzzle Pieces. Then return to Mr. Roblox and then he will send you to the Fractured Space for the Fifteam Egg.
|1/11||The Library||On the wooden beam above where you spawn.|
|2/11||Wonderland Grove||Inside the checkered wall behind the house by the crowbar. An optical illusion renders one tile seemingly normal, but closer inspection shows you can roll under it.|
|3/11||Merlin's Swamp||At the back of the cave, on the mountain with stairs.|
|4/11||Easterbury Canals||At the entrance of the chocolate factory, to Billy Bonka's left up-top, by a pipe.|
|5/11||Stein's Basement||Behind the locked door with four electrical appliances in it (Not in the locked room, behind it)|
|6/11||Hardboiled City||In Capon Yards under the docks.|
|7/11||Festival of Eggs||Get a plane and fly up in the sky until you can see a blue dot, which is a floating island with a cactus (Tip: If you can do this at night, it is easier)|
|8/11||Ruins of Wookong||Fall down the vine trap by the monkey that gives you the Monkeying Around Egg. (Tip: Use the umbrella)|
|9/11||Return of the Rabbit||Hiding in a corner up at the level where the turret by Kinetic is situated.|
|10/11||The Undernest||Near the water wheel, in an alcove.|
|11/11||Blizzard Valley||In the box of turtle plushes.|
Three crayons are hidden in each world, once all three crayons are obtained from each world, the D.I.Y. Egg can be claimed at the library.
|Pink 1/3||Wonderland Grove||
Next to the well near the purple house.
|Pink 2/3||Wonderland Grove||In the hedge maze.|
|Pink 3/3||Wonderland Grove||On the large formation above where the Queen of Hearts's tea party takes place, next to a bridge.|
|Yellow 1/3||Easterbury Canals||Behind Isaac's Ice Cream Parlor.|
|Yellow 2/3||Easterbury Canals||In the cage next to the chocolate factory, the player must go underwater to get it.|
|Yellow 3/3||Easterbury Canals||On the roof of the town hall near where the mayor stands.|
|Red 1/3||Hardboiled City||In Sunnyside Heights, under the apartment to the left of the shop.|
|Red 2/3||Hardboiled City||In Frittata Square, on top of the theater.|
|Red 3/3||Hardboiled City||In Capon Yards, on the building under construction.|
|Green 1/3||Ruins of Wookong||In the large building behind the temple.|
|Green 2/3||Ruins of Wookong||In the temple room in front of the pond.|
|Green 3/3||Ruins of Wookong||On the framing next to the three waterfalls.|
|Blue 1/3||The Undernest||In the large cage embedded in the wall near the wheel.|
|Blue 2/3||The Undernest||In the cage above the three cages at the bridge in front of the hole in the ground.|
|Blue 3/3||The Undernest||Inside a skeleton bird nest near where the four treasure eggs go.|
Ruined Library/The Grand Library
The Ruined Library is the main world where the player starts off and gets the first egg the player will likely obtain - the Inkwell Egg. This is also the home of the protagonist's friend, Booker.
|So strange, everyone claims the egg looks a little different to them. Sometimes an egg is just an egg!||An egg that looks like an inkwell with ink on it and a feather on top.||Complete the obstacles in the library and touch the egg or Touch the egg before you talk to Booker (the Egg is behind him). It also spawns on the star in the library if you somehow miss it.|
Don’t call it a comeback when you been here for years. See? Just look how you rock your peers. Towerin’ above competition!
Congratulations on earning every egg in the Great Yolktales: Egg Hunt 2018!
|A shiny golden faberge egg with wings and the Roblox logo all around it.||Collect 40 or more eggs (one of which must be Aymegg) and go to the underground room behind Inkwell Egg statue. Due to its obvious name and iconic design, it is considered one of the two fabergé eggs in the game.|
This world takes place in a fantasy land inspired by Alice in Wonderland.
|I am funny how? Am I funny like I am a clown? Oh, I am? Phew – I thought my jokes might have been falling flat!||An egg wearing the Fool of the Federation, glasses with swirling lens, disguise mask and a purple bow tie.||You must go up this hill-like "slide" which isn't necessarily a slide, and you will have to bounce on these mushrooms to get to this cart, go in it and play the jester's game. You have to find the cup that the ball is in 3 times in a row.|
|The tea, you must have a cup of tea! But don’t be late, you might miss someone’s unbirthday party!||An egg that looks like a steaming teapot that has multi-colored swirls.||You can find this egg spawning naturally around Wonderland Grove.|
|Sure, when you wish upon a star you might get your hearts greatest desire... but a wish at a well gets you an egg! Which is still fairly impressive.||A space-textured egg that has a Well on top with shooting stars flying around it.||You must find 3 coins. 1 at a time, bring the eggs to the well that is by the maze. Then, get another one, and bring it back to the well. Then get the last coin and bring it back to the well. The coins usually spawn in the village near the houses.|
|A rose by any other name would smell as sweet. But any colour other than red? Well, off with their head.||A rose that is half painted white and red with an arrow through it.||Find the King Of Hearts, he is through the maze. Once you find him, talk to him. He will ask you to paint his roses. You will have 10 tomatoes, and you have to aim at the white roses. The cursor will move by itself.|
|What a long, strange trip it’s been through this wondrous land! You made it out unscrambled though and with this golden treasure!||A yellow egg with green gemstones all around it with a top hat, two ace cards, a strawberry pie, and a pocket watch.||The player must talk to the Queen of Hearts, who will then tell the player to deliver invitations to 15 NPCs who are the developers of the game, who are found throughout the map.|
This area is accessed through Wonderland Grove by going through the book above the big tree. It takes place in a swamp and some mountains and is inspired by King Arthur.
|Here, ye! Here, ye! May I presenteth, the Good Knight Egg! Given his title and rank by a strange lady, who threw a sword at him from yonder pond.||A green egg with a knights visor, plume, and Lance.||Go to the Ruined Castle Towers in Merlin's Swamp. The egg will spawn randomly and charge at you, inflicting 25 damage each time it is successful. After attacking, he will be become dazed, at which point you can jump on him. Repeat this process 4 times until the egg is received.|
|Amazing specimens, Alleggators! Evolving from eggs to lizard eggs and then mastering sailing. Crikey! Quite a remarkable creature!||A cartoonish alligator with a pirate's captain hat and eye patch, (Note: you can still see the eye in the eyepatch)||Spawns anywhere randomly in Merlin's Swamp, most commonly spawning on hills.|
|A rare find! Perhaps unsurprisingly, the whole Dragon part of this is rumored to make getting it a bit tougher to survive… sorry, “acquire."||A Ruby egg textured in scales with a dragon swirled around it.||Collect all 5 pieces of armor and the sword found across Merlin's Swamp. Then, talk to Merlin who will bring you to the Dragon's Cave and from there, defeat the Dragon.|
Throughout the thousand-year history of stained glass never has there been a more exemplary egghibition of master craftsmanship.
Well, well, well - looks like there might be more to this egg than meets the eye.
|A Blue & Yellow egg with lines resembling a glass, and a multi-colored keyhole. The keyhole wasn't on the egg initially.||
MiscellaneousCollect 8 purple cubes, 2 in Wonderland Grove, 2 in Easterbury Canals, 1 in Hardboiled City, 1 in Festival Of Eggs, 1 in The Ruins Of Wookong, and 1 in The Undernest. After you collect all of the cubes, go to the Festival Of Eggs and take a screenshot of the balloons. Then go to Merlin's Swamp, and find a cave. Put the colors from the balloons in the correct order from left to right. Then, open the door, and you will see a chest with the egg in it.
This world, based on Venice, Italy, is a bustling city filled with canals, restaurants, and other attractions.
|At a certain point this egg will finally understand it’s not a phase!||A hot red egg that looks like an angry old man.||Find Jeremy in the inside circles of the map, then take the egg from him. Go to the spa, which is the white and black building, next to Stein's Basement. Once you are there, go to the water. The egg will drop, and then you will get the egg. And the egg will drop out of your hands about every 15 seconds.||
|Some say this represents pinnacle of culinary eggchievement. Others say horses are just land dolphins, but that’s a different matter.||A yellow egg with red gemstones around it, a fried egg on pancakes, syrup, and bacon strips on both sides.||Talk to Mayor'O'Narra, which is the fat guy next to the spawn, and he will ask you to complete the tent. You will go to the food, pick it up, and move it to the tent. When you're done with that, talk to Mayor'O'Narra again, and he will ask you to talk to Billy Bonka about the dessert. Go to the chocolate factory, which is in front of Mayor'O'Narra, and then talk to Billy Bonka. He will tell you to go pick up Sub-Cream Ice Cream from Isaac. Go to Isaac's ice cream parlor, (the pink building) and he will tell you he sold his last batch. You will have to make the Sub-Cream Ice Cream yourself. Use the milk, sugar, flavor, and sub-cream ice. Then get your ice cream, and show it to Isaac. Then you will have to go to Billy Bonka quickly, and he will tell you to go to the chocolate core and cool it down. Avoid the steam and oil, or you will have to balance your ice cream. Once you get to the chocolate core, place the ice cream down, and then talk to Billy Bonka. Then, go back to the mayor and he will award you with the egg.|
|As tempting as it is, no – you are not allowed to sword fight with the skewer when you finish your meal.||An egg that has burger buns, steak, lettuce, and tomatoes all on a skewer.||
Go to Chunky's BBQ, and then talk to Paul, who will ask the player to fix his grill. The player will then have to place a frozen skewer and place it on the grill to start a minigame where the player has to attach all the pipes. On the 4th one, YOU have to make sure that the pipes are in the right place. Even if you press the red button, it will not work. If you don't get the egg, the pipes are wrong.
|Some eggs when cracked and unattended are known to sprout and flower! Nature truly is the most mysterious frontier.||A cracked bottom half of an egg as a flower pot, with dirt and a flower on top resembling a sunnyside-up egg.||Spawns throughout the map, most commonly near flower pots.|
|A peerless condiment and titan of tomato egg based product. And king of sparking regional spelling and pronunciation debates.||An egg resembling a generic ketchup bottle with vines on the bottom and a tomato on the right side.||Usually spawns near the tents near the spawn. The egg rolls quickly, you will have to dive to get it, or corner it.|
|To satisfy the craving for those with a real sweet tooth. Warning: prolonged exposure known to cause cavities and heightened state of eggxiety.||An egg that is colored lightish blue with spikey crystals extending off of it.||
Go to the candy shop (the blue building) and talk to Carol Melapple. She will tell you that she ran out of sugar crystals, so you have to go below the restaurant and finish the obstacles. The crystal will dissolve in water.
|Did you know there are over 54,816 ways to prepare an egg? But don’t worry, we’re sure you’ll learn them all before next year’s feast!||An egg dressed as an Italian chef with brown eyebrows and a moustache.||Talk to Chef Franklin and he will give you a mission to serve the customers. Other players can come for 30 seconds before the minigame begins. You have to get at least 3 stars in order to get this egg.|
This area is based on the original Frankenstein's Basement.
|They spent so much time wondering if they “could,” yet never paused to ask if they “should.” Guess that’s what drove ‘em mad!||An egg that resembles a crazy scientist with swirly goggles and black hair.||Enter Stein's Basement through the book near the spa in Easterbury Canals and lure the rat into the three traps in the lab.|
This world takes place in a 1920s urban city, where crime is common throughout.
|Egg truly is man’s best friend. Wait….no, yeah actually pretty sure that’s right...||An egg that looks like a cartoonish happy dog.||
Spawns around Sunnyside Heights, and I always near the subway.
|The most notorious egg in all Hardboiled City. Word abouts town is someone bumped into him and he hads ‘em scrambled.||An egg with eyes dressed in capone attire.||You will find a lock pick kit in one of the cells in the police station. Grab it, and go to Capon Yards. Instead of going up the stairs, when you spawn in Capon yards, take a right, and unlock that door. You will have to finish these obstacles, and also find a disguise.|
|One Robloxian’s trash is another's treasure. Except in this case, where its clearly labelled recycling.||A garbage can with a soda can, bottle and a food can, a recycling logo and tape underneath, repressenting a faberge egg.||Collect five Garbagé bags across Capon Yards and put them in the incinerator. Then, quickly grab the Egg from the incinerator before it burns the garbage and the egg. Due to its name and design, it is considered as one of the two fabergé eggs in the game.|
|You cracked the cases and cleaned up the streets. Proof egg related crime never pays. Unless you’re stopping it, then you get this as a reward!||A black egg with white gemstones around it with skytowers, a moon, and a detective Robloxian with a magnifying glass and fedora on the top.||Talk to Commissioner Sousa in Hardboiled City in the Police Station and arrest two mafia associates; Caruso who will shoot and try to kill you at a Warehouse in Capon Yards and getting pass the sewers to get to Frank in Sunnyside Heights. Obtain more information on who's the boss (Don Pandini) from an Informant after talking to Commissioner Sousa again. With the information, go to the Penthouse in Frittata Square to arrest him. The egg will be yours when you teleport back to the Police Station.|
|Nobody comes tougher than this Hardboiled City deteggtive! He’s cracked all the big cases including which came first, the chicken or the egg.||An egg that resembles a depicted detective.||At the Police Station, talk to Lieutenant Francisco to start the investigation. The crime scene is at Frittata Square in the hotel. Ride the elevator to the Apartment Level and collect seven investigation samples/clues. Go back and talk to her at the Police Station with the evidence. With it, she finds the burglar's identity and orders you to catch him at the bookstore in Sunnyside Heights. The burglar will be shown arrested by another cop. After he is arrested the Inveggstigator egg will spawn in front of you for you to collect!|
|Eggstrie – eggstrie! Adventurer shows up in Act III to rescue the city! Read all about it!||An egg made out of news papers that resembles a Newsie.||Spawns randomly in Capon Yards.|
|Its portrayal as Eggmund in Eggspeare’s “King Chandelier” is still considered one of the greatest performances to grace the stage.||A doubled green-ish teal egg sitting on a rounded stage wearing comedy and tragedy masks.||Perform all eight acts correctly in the audition at the Theater in Frittata Square.|
Festival of Eggs
|This area is made up of floating islands holding a giant amusement park themed after eggs.|
|A throwback for some real eggficianados! An omelette du "homage," if you will! Cheers to The Sugar Team!||A Roblox sugar egg that has the thumbnail of the 2013 Egg Hunt game. The statue on top is also dabbing.||At the Festival of Eggs, go to the island with the stage and talk to Bobby on the stage. You will then have to collect 22 tickets scattered around the island in order to obtain a new guitar from Karen, and then activate eight celebration cannons.|
Ruins of Wookong
This area takes place in a (mostly) South American rainforest holding an Indian tribe and ancient ruins throughout
|A rock is like an egg, but the whole thing is a shell. This, though, is just an egg that resembles a rock.||A rock shaped like an egg that has an ancient being carved in.||
Spawns by the rocks in Ruins Of Wookong randomly.
|Deep within the jungle, through the creeping vines and beyond where the flower blooms, an ancient treasure, fraught with danger, looms.||An golden Idol/egg that has rubies for eyes.||Survive the obstacle course in the Ruins of Wookong and escape with the egg.|
|You can dance; you can jive; having the quest of your life! Watch that scene; digging the egg huntin’!||An egg that looks like a multi-colored parrot.||Complete the music obstacle, similar to Dance Dance Revolution, in the Ruins of Wookong.|
|These flowers are even more dangerous than they look. Word is that one of these wrecked up some downtown flower shop!||A purple egg that resembles a cartoonish venus-fly trap plant.||
In Ruins Of Wookong, get a bucket, then find 3 different kinds of water, and give it to the plant in order: Blue (located inside the temple), Red (located in a small birdbath outside the perimeter of the temple), and Purple (a small purple pond which can be easily accessed from a cannon near the temple and the waterfall). The plant then releases the egg and you can collect it.
(Note: Doing this in the Incorrect Order will cause the plant to swallow you, leading to death.)
(Also, performing any tricks aside from jumping and swimming such as double-jumping, rolling, diving and using cannons will remove any water you are currently carrying.)
|Not all that glitters is gold, but this here is the real McCoy! Only the most committed eggsplorers ever even see this.||A yellow egg with blue gemstones with vines scattered around and a pyramid on top.||
In the Wookong Jungle enter the Temple in the map, get the dynamite found in the lower floors inside the Temple, then blow up the wall. After this go to the Jungle Chief in the village just outside the temple and fight the strongest warrior of Wookong. Then, find four fruits scattered around the village and perform the ritual at the top of the temple. Get the key behind the waterfall after it opens up, and go back to the wall you destroyed. Enter the door, and fight the Skeleton King within five minutes and once defeated, the egg is yours!
|Dr. Eggingstone, I presume? Oh, you’re not? My mistake. Well, it’s just I didn’t expect to run into anyone else out here!||An egg that resembles an explorer.||Solve the three puzzles hidden in the temple rooms and free the two trapped explorers.|
|What could be more fun than swinging free through the trees? These rascals love to get into trouble!||An egg that resembles a monkey, with ears and a tail.||Shake a banana tree next to the camp until a banana falls down, get the banana, go to the most jungle-like area, find a monkey hanging on a tree, let it jump down and take your banana.|
|Dripping malice, eyes cold as the grave. It is said by the time you see one of these eggs it was already too late 3 minutes ago.||A King Cobra forming its bottom body to resemble an egg.||Spawns randomly around the largest waterfall in the map.|
Return of the Rabbit
This area takes place in a facility with trapped heroes from the Heroes of ROBLOXia event.
|Able to lift as much as 80 eggs. Faster than someone on heelys. It’s Super Egg!||An egg that resembles Captain Roblox from Heroes of Robloxia.||Defeat Rabid Rabbit. Portal is found in Ruins of Wookong.|
This area takes place in a dark Hell/Underworld-like area, led by Lord Aymor with Skeleton Birds soaring through the area.
|A dim red dot glows and the hiss of static. Next thing you know the party is all around. This egg was designed by user PartyMonsterToast!||An egg that resembles a simplistic cartoonish radio.||
Spawns close to the fallen Radio Mast randomly.
|This is a testament to victory snatched from the dark nest and a harrowing exit, nothing more. Nothing more.||An egg that resembles a red eyed crow with feathers underneath and a white crystal in its mouth.||Go to the dark cave and pick up a crystal then complete the obstacle course within 45 seconds and without dying.|
|Oh, what a tangled web we weave in search of eggventure! One that sometimes involves cramped spaces and terrifying creatures.||
An egg that grotesquely takes the place of a Spiders behind.
This egg may be disturbing for some users.
|Go to the spider's web nest and complete the temple-run type minigame lasting a minute.|
|Exhibit A: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. And this normally ends poorly for eggs.||An egg that is busted and cracked on both sides with yellow yolk sticking out on both sides.||At the spawn, climb up the ladder into the cage and go to the zipline, after that simply follow the zipline to the egg which will be located in a cage as well.|
|Don’t shake it too hard – you might break what is hiding inside! Just kidding – its empty.||A swirly multicolored egg with a present tie resembling a wrapped present.||Talk to Scrooge and get on the sled, then wait a while. Once you've waited you'll be riding the sled with a present cannon, then simply shoot presents into the chimneys of 12 houses.|
|You stared into the eye of darkness and never blinked. To the victor go the spoils!||An extreme dark blue feathered egg with a yellow eye and black wings.||
Grab three packages of dynamite across from the railroad and set each of them around Aymor. When set he will wake up. Then you have to grab more dynamite and use the barrels to charge at him in the air to do damage. Once he is at half-health, grab more dynamites and blow up the six large colored crystas in the arena. After the stalactite crushes Aymor, head to the centre of the battle ground and you will obtain the egg.
Note: This egg requires all four Treasured eggs.
- The Egg Capone strongly references American mobster Al Capone.
- The description of the Feathered Fabergégg is a reference to the 1990's rap song, Mama Said Knock You Out , by LL Cool J
- As mentioned, Dr Deville d'Egg appears the second year in a row, which is a new ROBLOX record.
- In the intro segment Booker shows off an unknown egg which makes Booker's pet evil. The unknown egg might be the Egg of All Devouring Darkness from 2012 as the egg is presumably ancient.
- The description for the Dance Dance Eggolution egg references the song “Dancing Queen” by ABBA.
- Its name is also a reference of a dance game, Dance Dance Revolution.
- The Japanese symbols in the Demeaning Egg's description refer to the Internet meme "Decearing Egg", hence their similar names.
- Billy Bonka and his chocolate factory in Easterbury Canals is a parody of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
- The chocolate core in Billy Bonka's chocolate factory that needs to be cooled, or else it will overheat and explode, is a reference to Pinewood Computer Core.
- The “EGG SOCIETY” arcade in the Capon Yards area of Hardboiled City is a reference to the TV show Mr. Robot. The hacker group ‘fsociety’ used an arcade known as the “FUN SOCIETY” in an old amusement park on the docks of New York as a base of operations. The letters U and N however have gone missing to coincidentally spell “F SOCIETY”. Later on in the event the door to the arcade opened and lead to an arcade. The NPC in the arcade calls the group of people residing there the esociety, an obvious reference to the fsociety.
- After the April 5th update when the arcade was opened to reveal Fractured Space, a few characters from the show can be found inside all wearing singature masks from the show.
- The game features many references to other events from the past.
- These references include Egg Hunt 2013, Egg Hunt 2014: Save the Eggverse!, Egg Hunt 2017: The Lost Eggs, ROBLOX Heroes, Hallow's Eve 2017, and Roblox Holiday 2017.
- This event might also be in the same universe as Egg Hunt 2013, Egg Hunt 2014: Save the Eggverse!, Egg Hunt 2017: The Lost Eggs, ROBLOX Heroes, Hallow's Eve 2017, and Roblox Holiday 2017, if this is true, this means that all of these events are connected and all of those events take place in the same universe, and storyline.
- References include the description of this event stating in the storyline, this Egg Hunt took place a year after Dr Deville d' Egg was defeated, this is a reference to the Egg Hunt 2017: The Lost Eggs event.
- Another reference is the Egg Hunt 2013 Sugar Egg, which like the title says, references Egg Hunt 2013. (However, this has led to the confusion of many users, as Sugar Eggs were only present during the 2012 Egg Hunt. The sugar egg references this for a sense of nostalgia.)
- Even more references include the Super Egg, which has the egg-shaped design of Captain Roblox, who appeared in Heroes of Robloxia, this is a reference to the ROBLOX Heroes event.
- The fourth reference is the boss battle with Rabid Rabbit, who has captured every member of the Heroes of Robloxia team in the new "Return of the Rabbit" map, which is a reference to the Egg Hunt 2014: Save the Eggverse! event as well as the ROBLOX Heroes event. Lucky Lapin also appears near the end of the obby in the Fractured Space map congratulating the player for all they've endured.
- The fifth reference is the Mad Scientist Egg, which is an egg-shaped form of Dr. Stein, who was the antagonist of the custom game titled "Hallows Eve 2017: A Tale of Lost Souls", this is a reference to the Hallow's Eve 2017 event. There is another reference to Dr. Stein from Hallows Eve 2017: A Tale of Lost Souls, which his physical appearance is in the Stein's Basement map in the game. Stein's Basement map is yet again, another reference to Dr. Stein, like the title of the map suggests.
- The sixth and final reference is based off of another antagonist from another event, Scrooge McBlox from the ROBLOX Holiday 2017 event. Scrooge McBlox appeared in the custom game titled "Mountaineers", which was a custom game made for the ROBLOX Holiday 2017 event. In the game, there is a new map called the "Blizzard Valley" map, in which the physical appearance of Scrooge McBlox appears again, except he doesn't play the role of the antagonist in this event and instead is seeking to redeem himself for his wrongdoings. This is also a reference to the Roblox Holiday 2017 event.
- In Festival of Eggs if you talk to Anne she will say "Shoutouts to Simpleflips." A reference to the meme Shoutout to Simpleflips and YouTuber Simpleflips.
- In Festival of Eggs, one of the developers mentions purchasing hot dogs from a skeleton, who proceded to stack more on her head due to not being able to carry any more. This is a reference to Undertale, specifically an optional event which involves purchasing hot dogs from Sans, who will stack additional hot dogs on your head for free if your inventory is full.
- One of the robots in Blizzard Valley reference "maximum overdrive" - part of a joke from Spongebob.
- The whole area of Wonderland Grove is a reference to the book "Alice in Wonderland".
- Rock That Looks Like An Egg Rock is a reference to a scene in Gravity Falls.
- For the Idol Egg, the player must take the idol from the temple and outrun a boulder. This is a reference to the iconic opening sequence in Raiders of the Lost Ark, the first installment in the Indiana Jones franchise. In the scene, Indiana Jones grabs a golden idol and triggers a trap in the temple, which involves a rolling boulder.
- The Eggplant egg references the real-life Eggplant vegetable, however the egg takes a literal approach to the name.
- The badge description for the Fifteam Egg references Avengers: Infinity War, a superhero film which is a crossover between many Marvel characters including the Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther, Spider-Man, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Doctor Strange.
- You can find a fish in the corner at the top in the portal Return of the Rabbit (the portal where you can get the Super Egg) It could possibly be an easter egg. It could've also been a fake "clue" to throw the people who seeked the Golden Venari off course
- You can also find a fish in the water of the docks in Capon Yards of Hardboiled City.
- You can also find a fish under a bench in the Ruined Library.
- In the Ruined Library there are eggs on display from previous egg hunts, from the Easter Egg Hunt 2010 to Egg Hunt 2017: The Lost Eggs.
- Where the Garbagé Egg is, there is a tix bag in the garbage. This is most likely a reference to tix being removed back in 2016.
- "Some Like It Gurt" in Hardboiled City is a parody of Some Like It Hot.
- The Good Knight Egg is a play on the send-off phrase "good night".
- Newton's Third Law of Eggs references Isaac Newton's third law of motion.
- The Doggo Egg's name might've derived from a popular term for dogs, "doggo".
- The task relating to the Jungle Flower Egg is inspired by Zetsubo No Shima, a map from Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Zombies.
- A native refers to the Jungle Flower as "Todesblume", which translates from German as "Death Flower".
- Yolker Egg is based off the Roblox admin 2blox2quit's avatar.
- The Inkwell Egg's design is based off ink blot tests.
- In The Undernest, the person near the Trebuchet says that the trebuchet is special for it can launch 90 kilograms over 300 metres. This is a reference to a widely known meme.
- The Description of the Alleggator references the Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin.
- Newsie Egg's "Eggstrie! Eggstrie!" is a play on "Extra! Extra! Read all about it!", a term used by paperboys to signal breaking news.
- "Adventurer shows up in Act III to rescue the city" references the three-act structure commonly seen in films. Act III is usually the climax (or "the most exciting and/or intense part") of the story (Example: a big beat-down between the protagonist and antagonist).
- In Wonderland Grove, a windmill with a sign next to it has "Don Quixote" written on it, which is crossed off. This is a reference to the titular fictional character of the same name, who at one point mistook a windmill for a giant and tried to fight it.
- Two NPC's at the croquet field in Wonderland Grove explicitly reference several anime titles, but point out that they can't refer to them by name due to copyright reasons.
- The game features 46 eggs (counting the Stained Glass Egg), which is the highest amount ever in ROBLOX history of the Easter Egg Hunt.
- The user PartyMonsterToast won the Egg Hunt 2018 Custom Egg Contest and his egg is available in the hunt. Being the Radio Egg, which was fully designed by him.
- In each world, a literal red herring (red fish) can be found. This was added to distract players from the eggs, as a red herring is also a distraction or diversion.
- During development, at the 50th badge spot there was an odd badge with the name of "50. And take it with you when you're gone..." featuring fanart of DieSoft (by GrottyPuff) who worked on last year's hunt.
- During development, the badges on the game spelt out a sentence on the images saying "WHAT'S UP GUYS" and "AOTROU". Aotrou is one of the developers of this year's hunt.
- Prior to the game's release on March 28, 2018, seven more badges were released; all of which featured the image of InsanelyLuke, the owner of Fifteam except the last one. These became the non-egg achievement badges.
- This is the first egg hunt to feature a badge for speedrunning the game, or completing it under 2 hours. The timer starts when Booker asks you to introduce yourself and ends when the library is restored after defeating Aymor.
- The names of the badges during development spelled out the lyrics to Macklemore's "Glorious".
- The placeholder title for the game during development was called: Animal Crackers: The Game.
- This game was heavily criticized for being late to launch, and also bringing back fetch quests from Egg Hunt 2017, causing the new hashtag, #notmyegghunt.
- Fractured Space, the world housing the Fifteam Egg, features assets from every other world, including assets that were scrapped during development, such as the Bird House (Undernest) and the Castle that the egg can be found it (References in the storybook in Merlin's Swamp)
- This game features two Fabergé eggs, the Feathered Fabergégg (which, like the Fabergegg, can only be obtained after at least 40 other eggs have been obtained) and the Garbagé egg.
- Despite being the 9th Egg Hunt, it is technically the 10th overall. This is due to the fact that the 2010 egg hunt was redone as the game had broken.
- Egg Hunt 2018 surpassed the concurrent player count of Jailbreak within minutes of the game being released which was also running an event.
- On April Fool's Day, fake Fifteam Eggs spawned around the library that were usually in places that were hard to get to and awarded you nothing. They have since been removed to avoid confusion with the actual location.
- Several things were changed during the Easter Egg Hunt itself, such as only up to five players being able to be Merlin's Swamp at any one time as opposed to the standard 48 when it first started, the sewage current in the Secret Hideout in Sunnyside Heights goes up and down much faster and a ladder being installed to access the roof instead of having to wall jump. The boss music for the Skeleton King was changed and the houses near Vash from the Undernest are now coloured purple to make his location more obvious.
- Pieces 4/11 and 9/11 to complete the Portal for Mr. Roblox were originally beside a few crates inside the Chocolate Factory and inside one of the ports that unlocks after defeating Rabid Rabbit respectively. However, most likely due to complaints that it was time consuming to obtain the pieces and it was almost identical to obtaining the Treasured Cuisine Egg and Super Egg, the two pieces were shifted to their current positions.
- The Egg Hunt was supposed to end on April 11th but was extended to the 20th for players to have more time to collect Eggs as stated on a Twitter post by ROBLOX.
- Some eggs used to have their names altered in-game to be different from their official name.
- The Super Egg was renamed to the "Super Easter Egg."
- The Egg of Wishes was renamed to the "Egg of Well."
- The Newsie Egg wass renamed to the "Newspaper Egg."
- Sirius Drake, the Shopkeeper, and Vash, the masked guy who resets your data, are brothers.
Ready Player One
- A quality assurance tester for the game known as VullcanRaven was the first to find the Golden Wings of the Pathfinder for the Ready Player One event. It is unknown whether the account was in fact able to get it through the hunt, but this has acted as evidence that the final mission may take place in The Great Yolktales.
- VullcanRaven was soon terminated, possibly to avoid confusion over the prize winner.
- The Stained Glass Egg is the disguise hinted in the Dominus Venari mission in the Ready Player One event.
- There's 8 worlds, which include Fractured Space (World 6), Mega Corporation (World 7.5), and the Office of Creators (World 8). Fractured Space contains the Fifteam Egg, and Mega Corporation hosts a final confrontation between the Gunter and Dr. Mega. After the Gunter has gotten 7/10 questions correct, they will be transported to the Office of Creators where they will view a panorama of Roblox's history before receiving the Golden Wings of the Pathfinder.
- The obstacle course in Mega Corporation (World 7.5) was nerfed heavily and you will now have 180 seconds to answer the 10 questions, up from 60 after April 6th.
- This is the third event to have an egg related to a sponsor. The first was The Three Stooges and the second was Walking with Dinosaurs.
- The Stained Glass Egg was originally unobtainable on the Xbox One port of ROBLOX, due to the fact that there's no Chat-Tab to use Dance Commands on the top of the small, blue tree stump.
- But this changed on the game's latest update. The player now just needs to jump on the top of the tree stump to trigger the purple object.
- ↑ Christofer Oberst. (2018). Join the Egg Hunt on Roblox for Limited-Time Virtual Prizes. Xbox Wire. Retrieved from https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/03/28/roblox-egg-hunt-xbox-one/.
- ↑ https://blog.roblox.com/2018/03/countdown-egg-hunt-2018/
- ↑ YouniteRBLX. (2018). Hey, I'm Younite, Lead Designer for the Egg Hunt: The Great Yolktales. Ask me Anything!. r/Roblox. Retrieved from .