Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Free users are players on ROBLOX that do not have Builders Club. The majority of users on ROBLOX are playing for free. Among most ROBLOX users, these users are known as "NBC" (Non-Builders Club). You can still play most games without having a free account, or an account at all, via being a Guest user. Because of the lack of an official icon for NBC, some users create unofficial ones.
The free user is severely limited on privileges. Here are the restrictions:
- Only 1 active place slot
- Unable to create shirts and pants
- Unable to sell clothing
- Unable to buy certain items in the catalog
- Unable to use "BC Beta Features"
- Unable to use the Trading System.
- Unable to create groups, but can be a member of up to 5 groups.
- Watch outside ads in the website and a commercial before playing a game.
- No daily login reward
- 90% tax when selling items
Despite these limitations, there is still much a Free User can enjoy on ROBLOX.
- Former Builders Club members can have a maximum of 5 active place slots (not to be confused with places).
- Many free accounts are Alternate Accounts. These accounts are often created to allow a person to have multiple places active without purchasing a Builders Club membership.
- Main article: Criticism of ROBLOXMany people have criticized free accounts for having "unfair" and "degrading" benefits compared to those with Builders Club. This includes 1 place only, no daily ROBUX, BC Only features such as hats and places (which pressure some to purchase Builders Club) and other limitations.
However, a strong argument can be made that Builders Club features are necessary to bring new customers, without Builders Club members, ROBLOX has little or no income. Plus Builder Club is just an edition. It wouldn't affect the gameplay.