Free users are players on ROBLOX that do not have Builder's Club. The majority of users on ROBLOX are playing for free. Among most ROBLOX users, these users are known as "NBC" (Non-Builder's Club). You can still play most games without having a free account, or an account at all, via being a Guest user. Because of the lack of an official icon for NBC, some users create unofficial ones.
The free user is severely limited on privileges. Here are the restrictions:
- Only one active place slot
- Unable to create shirts and pants
- Unable to buy certain items in the catalog
- Unable to use "BC Beta Features"
- Unable to use the Trading System.
- Unable to create groups, but can be a member of up to 5 groups.
- Unable to create badges
- Increased difficulty to purchase various items on the ROBLOX catalog (Due to the limitation of 10 tickets a day if the player logs in every day, as well as the price floor for items increased to a high number)
- Limited clothing
- Able to see outside ads in the website and a commercial before playing a game.
Despite these limitations, there is still much a Free User can enjoy on ROBLOX.
- Former Builder's Club members can have a maximum of 5 active place slots (not to be confused with places).
- Many free Accounts are Alternate Accounts. These accounts are often created to allow a person to have multiple places active without purchasing a Builder's Club membership.
Main Article: Criticism of ROBLOX
Many people have criticized free accounts for having "unfair" and "degrading" benefits compared to those with Builder's Club. This includes 1 place only, no Daily ROBUX, BC Only features such as hats and places (which pressure some to purchase Builder's Club) and other limitations.
However, a strong argument can be made that Builders Club features are necessary to bring new customers, without Builders Club members, ROBLOX has little or no income.
- ↑ Free users receive 10 tix a day, 16 tix can be converted to 1 ROBUX.