Gears are catalog items that usually appear as a tool. They can be worn on the profile of a player's avatar or be allowed in games that have allowed the gear's specific attributes and genre. There are many types of gears, a few examples being swords, lasers, and musical instruments.
Genres of Gear
- Melee Weapon - A close quarter weapon, typically a sword or sharpened edge of some sort, though not always.
- Ranged Weapons - Weapons that work effectively, if not better, on distant targets. Such weapons include guns and lasers.
- Explosive - Items that usually explode, as the names suggest, to clear enemies behind cover, in groups, or for general chaos. Such weapons include bombs and rocket launchers.
- Power Up - Tools that usually enhance the player in some way, such as increasing max health or walkspeed. Some flying gears fall into this category.
- Navigation Enhancers - Tools that help users move around the game. This can be either allowing higher jumps, flying, or by increasing walkspeed for as long as the gear is equipped.
- Musical Instruments - Any gear that can potentially be used to play music. IE: Guitars, drums, and tubas.
- Social Items - Gears that typically are used for social events. An example is one of the many dancing potions.
- Building Tools - Any gear that can potentially be used to build or modify in-game structures that are not Explosives.
- Personal Transport - Any gears that physically help the ROBLOXian move around the map. A prime example are skateboards.
- Limited - A gear that was once on sale (or distributed in some way) for a set price, put off sale, and reintroduced as a resell-able is a Limited item. Any type of the Limited gear will not have a serial number.
- LimitedU - A gear that as soon as it is released, has a number in stock and is sold for a set price. Each time it is bought, the buyer will receive the item along with a serial number that corresponds to what number buyer he/she was. Once it is sold out, it is resell-able.
- BC Only Items - These items can only be bought by users that have bought Builder's Club,Turbo Builders Club, or Outrageous Builders Club.
- TBC Only Items - These items can only be bought by users that have bought Turbo or Outrageous Builder's Club.
- OBC Only Items - These items can only be bought by users that have bought Outrageous Builder's Club.
- Rental -These items expire after a certain period of time.
- Timed-Items that have a limited ammount of time to be sold.
NOTE: If you have a Builder's Club membership higher than the Builder's Club tag required to buy it, then you are able to buy it. I.E: A player who is TBC is able to buy a BC only item, but the vice-versa cannot happen.