A guest is a special user that can access ROBLOX games and most website content that isn't purchasable without registering. By definition, one would not need an account to play the game. A guest cannot access purchasable content in-game, as they are assigned a randomly-generated ID. ROBLOX stores a cookie on the user's computer that keeps that ID. This means that ROBLOX does not have to create so many IDs.
If a player joins a game but does not register,they are labeled as a guest by default. The guest's avatar is a placeholder for players interested in a game and want to play it before entering their credentials. The placeholders are BillyBloxxer, DefaultGuest, and BettyBloxxer.
BillyBloxxer and BettyBloxxer have very similar appearances to ROBLOX. For example, both have ROBLOX's Guest Shirt, and have the same bodycolors. Their only differences are that BillyBloxxer wears the Red Roblox Cap, while BettyBloxxer wears the Pinktastic Hair. DefaultGuest is the same,but has no hat,no shirt,and a grey torso.
There is an urban ROBLOX myth where Guest 1337 has a straw hat, although this has been tested with cookies and proven false. Also, 1337 is an alternative alphabet for the English language that is primarily used on the internet. 1337 also stands for leet which means elite.
There are groups made by users that praise guests, and feel sympathy for them when they are abused through ads, games, decals, models, and sometimes animations and even roblox's own gears! Sometimes, the reason accounts are made is because a user began as a guest to other players. Some users believe that other players use the guest feature to scam or ruin other player's places, commonly known as trolling, and use the guest utility to bypass bans, because guests cannot truly be banned from the game. As many guests are users unaware of the "unofficial rules" of ROBLOX, they tend to use gears that are considered annoying by some users. This explains the reason why many guests perform actions considered rude in many games, such as spawnkilling, killing their own team members, and destroying other users' creations in free building games. Also, guests cannot see chat or say anything themselves, because the chat bar is not able to be used as a guest. Because of this, guests will often not be able to see other players trying to stop them, and will continue. Some players call guests "lazy" for not creating an account, as guests are still required to install the required software in order to play any games. Admins have stated that guests will never be removed from ROBLOX.
It is possible for scripts to ban all guests from a game. This violates the terms and conditions because it makes these new users believe ROBLOX is a bugged game.
With the addition of new updates, both new users and guests can pick a gender for their character. If you choose boy, you will be a default guest, but as a girl, you're given pink hair along with a slim torso for your guest. Because of this, some users have chosen to be a girl, which can sometimes mislead others.
- Guests are known as "The True Testers of ROBLOX" by the admins.
- Interesting Fact: Around Late 2008/Early 2009, there was a guest talky script in some games which allowed a guest to actually talk. This script has been removed since Mid 2009.
- Guests used to respond to players when using the proper Super Safe Chat words. Now, they can't as that feature has been removed.
- During a short time, an update was released that introduced a bug in which a user does not receive a knockout point for killing a guest, unlike the normal addition of one point for every player defeated.
- All guests used to look completely identical to ROBLOX. Guests were also able to join Builder's Club games. Now, guests are not linked to the ROBLOX account and are linked to BillyBloxxer and BettyBloxxer.
- Many users create fake guest accounts (example: Guest123) and dress like guests. However, many people can identify if they are a guest or not as real users cannot leave spaces in their username. Plus, all guests have 1-4 numbers in their username.
- Guests cannot be reported, but they can report any player in game.
- Guests cannot buy items from the Catalog.
- Guests wear one hat as a male, and a package and pinktastic hair for a female.
- Guests used to wear a straw hat, and prior to that wore the classic noob outfit.
- Many people hate guests because they can exploit without being banned. Because of this, many people say guests were one of the worst additions to ROBLOX.
- When you hover the mouse over a guest's image when seeing games, it will appear a text that says : A Friendly Guest
No one can report guests, but guests can report other players. It is impossible for registered players to report them, making it a free will for exploiters to exploit games anonymously and not get banned.
Guests used to have a function called Safechat, a chatting menu used to talk to non-freechatters, including guests, but this feature was removed, so guests can no longer talk unless they create a account on ROBLOX. In November and December of 2014, Guests have been reported to chat normally. This has since been patched.