This article is an archive for the history of ROBLOX from 2012 onwards.
- January 6th: ROBLOX Studio for the Mac reaches Alpha stages.
- January 13th: Hack Week begins, and universes are shown and tested.
- January 18th: Water, buoyancy, and ropes are shown.
- January 20th: New dynamic lighting is shown.
- January 21st: ROBLOX games can now be played on more internet browsers.
- January 26th: Video thumbnails are shown.
- February 8th: ROBLOX users can now buy ROBLOX cards at F.Y.E. and EB Games.
- March 6th: After two years in operation, the Ambassador program was discontinued.
- March 19th: ROBLOX improves their network physics.
- March 20th: ROBLOX is featured at the Game Developer Conference.
- March 29th: ROBLOX introduces thumbnails for places.
- April 1st: DracoSwordMaster received access to the admin panel from Leeav, sometime before this day. DracoSwordMaster then decided to go on a rampage on this day using his new sudden power. This resulted in the catalog and the trade currency system becoming disabled and ultimately ROBLOX temporarily shutting down. For more information on this event, please click here!
- April 6th: ROBLOX's interpolation code is improved, resulting in smooth motion of objects.
- Around May 4th: ROBLOX shuts down many places in order to apply an exploit prevention plugin for all of the places. When the plugin was finished, however, it caused raycast and debris functions to not function properly.
- Around May: ROBLOX updates the selection after purchase log.
- May 15th: The demonstration of the new V2 and V3 (Man and Woman) bodies was shown, resulting in dislike among some users regarding the bodies.
- May 18th: Trading System is nearly close towards completion.
- June 4th: ROBLOX Studio 2.0 Beta is launched
- June 5th: The water feature is released.
- July 12th: The Trading System was finally added.
- July 12th: Man and Woman ROBLOX 3.0 packages are added to the catalog but is not placed on sale yet. The packages are, however, met with heavy criticism by many ROBLOX users due to its questionable appearance.
- July 15th: ROBLOX releases the Hall Of Fame for Roblox Game Conference 2012 (RCG 2012).
- July 17th: Both the Man and Woman packages are placed on sale, resulting in heavy criticism from many players.
- July 19th: ROBLOX shows a demonstration of new looks of ROBLOX and graphics.
- August 3rd: ROBLOX deletes the Bytecode to prevent future exploitation in ROBLOX.
- September 5th: ROBLOX discontinues support for Mac OS X 10.5.
- September 15th: ROBLOX releases the first Game Template, which is a CTF.
- September 17th: Game Passes are created.
- September 18th: TIME names ROBLOX one of the 50 best sites of 2012.
- October 8th: You can now allow and sell specific gear on your game page.
- October 19th: ROBLOX for iPad is first announced. Also, the starter place was changed from the Happy Home to a light grey baseplate. The first user to start with this place was titanic 15474. It was changed once again a few months later. It is still available as a place template, except the baseplate is darker.
- October 23rd: Three more Game Templates are made: Control Points, Free for All, and Team Deathmatch.
- November 14th: 100,000 users play ROBLOX at the same time.
- November 29th: Giftsplosion 2012 begins, starting with the ROBLOX Newshound Gift.
- December 6th: You can now trade ROBUX with the trading system.
- December 7th: ROBLOX releases 7 more gifts including The Coolest Gift, High Frequency Trading Gift, Ticket to Ride Gift, Razzle Dazzle Hollywood Star Gift, Festival Gift of Group Fundraising, Self-Referential Gift of Referring, and the Commissioner's Gift of Commissions.
- December 11th: The iBot is created.
- December 12th: ROBLOX releases the Lucky Gift of Sevens.
- January 10th: Contest for a ROBLOX Studio splash screen starts.
- January 12th: ROBLOX prototypes the Future Look of it again.
- January 18th: Fast parts are released.
- January 22th: ROBLOX Mobile Now Supports Vehicles and Chat on All Devices.
- January 24th: ROBLOX needed help on finding the location for RGC 2013.
- January 31th: Contest for a ROBLOX Studio splash screen ends.
- February 1st: ROBLOX Presents LEGO® Hero Factory: Brain Attack and releases ROBLOX Studio 2013.
- February 2nd: ROBLOX Studio 2013 is released.
- February 11th: Erik Cassel, co-founder of ROBLOX, loses his long battle with cancer and dies.
- February 12th: Well Worn Hat is renamed Erik Cassel's Hat in honor of him.
- February 15th: President's Day Sale 2013 starts.
- February 22nd: President's Day Sale 2013 ends.
- February 27th: ROBLOX Tests Automated Web.
- March 1st: Three Design Contests Are Up and Running.
- March 8th: RGC 2013 is renamed BLOXcon.
- March 21st: Multiple Copy Owning and Trading of Limited Items is available for BCers.
- March 25th: The Roblox Easter Egg Hunt 2013 begins.
- April 1st: In the forums tab, every forum is renamed to memes for April Fool's Day 2013.
- April 4th: New rendering code is shipped, improving performance, particularly in the context of rendering static environments on slow and/or dated hardware. Also, bevels are removed permanently
- April 5th: The Roblox Easter Egg Hunt 2013 ends.
- April 11th: Transactions are only 15% (1 day only!).
- April 16th: ROBLOX implants selling multiple copies of limited items.
- May 2nd: ROBLOX implements in-game item selling.
- May 7th: ROBLOX fixed the ex-BC multi-place glitch.
- May 9th: Dynamic Lighting is released.
- May 24th: Memorial Day Sale 2013 begins.
- May 29th: Memorial Day Sale 2013 ends.
- Around June: Players can earn exclusive summer hats by redeeming cards during this month.
- June 3rd: The ROBLOX forums hit 100 million threads.
- June 7th: ROBLOX announces Paid Access.
- June 11th: The "Top Grossing" Sort is added to the main "Games" page.
- June 12th: The ROBLOX Catalog glitch, making most common hats of ROBLOX, 1 tix. Intern Merely confirmed that this was just a bug and was going to be fixed soon.
- June 17th: The starter place for new players was modified to a baseplate made of grass. It changed into smooth terrain two years later. The first user to start with this place was jf 116. Before this change, players started with a place that had a Content Deleted logo as the thumbnail.
- June 18th: A cosmetic overhaul for individual pages of games is released, which adds a "Thumbs Up" rating system.
- July 11th: ROBLOX adds Liquid Game Page, which provides a more modern, streamlined appearance to the game pages.
- July 15th: Due to many complaints from the community, ROBLOX adds 4 more game slots for former Builders Club members who do not currently have a membership.
- July 16th: Paid Access Places are officially added to ROBLOX.
- July 22nd: ROBLOX adds outlines.
- August 21st: ROBLOX adds outlines as an option.
- August 29th: Labor Day Sale 2013 starts.
- September 2nd: Labor Day Sale 2013 ends.
- September 4th: ROBLOX updates their front engine.
- September 19th: International Talk like a Pirate Day sale starts.
- September 21st: Virtual BLOXcon goes live from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- September 24th: Price Floors are released. The minimum price for t-shirts; 10 ROBUX or 100 TIX. The minimum price for shirts and pants; 25 ROBUX or 300 TIX.
- September 25th: User-made audio is introduced, receiving positive reviews.
- September 26th: A message to the community about Price Floors is sent, which can be found at this link: 
- September 30th: Dynamic lighting shadow support is released.
- [Unknown date in September]
- ROBLOX allowed 60 fps, but after a few days, it is disallowed until final optimizations are finished.
- October 1st: BLOXtober 2013 starts. Also, new animation movements to ROBLOXians are released, but they end up receiving heavy criticism.
- October 2nd: 60 FPS return. Plus, ROBLOX shows a sneak peek of its official animation tool. Once released, people everywhere will ditch user-made animation tools for that one.
- October 3rd: The Price Floor for shirts and pants is reduced to 100 TIX and 10 ROBUX and T-shirts, 20 TIX and 2 ROBUX, and some of the criticism dies down.
- October 11th: All Packages are now available to non-BC users.
- October 22nd: ROBLOX gives users the ability to change their usernames for 1,000 ROBUX.
- October 25th: As a joke, Shedletsky changes the forum's names to names that involve the Doge meme. Various front page games also had Doge in their thumbnails, and/or titles.
- October 28th: Multiple updates are released
- October 28th: The studs get changed into a ROBLOX "R" and some people hated the studs.
- The forum layout gets a revamp, receiving mixed reviews.
- 6 new material textures are released.
- The existing material textures get updated.
- November 29th: ROBLOX Black Friday Sale starts.
- [Unknown dates in November]
- December 2nd: Giftsplosion 2013 event begins.
- December 7th: The first ever BLOXcast is streamed live on ROBLOX's YouTube channel at 10 AM Pacific Time. Also, bigger terrain building is enabled.
- December 12th: ROBLOX allows developers to make HTTP requests from their games.
- December 13th: Surface GUIs are added. Also, the last Gift for Giftsplosion 2013 is released.
- December 16th: Hack Week begins.
- December 17th: Siege of Quebec game starts with free virtual hats.
- December 18th: The last prize for Giftsplosion 2013 is released.
- January 15th: Users can now upload audio up to 120 seconds for 100 R$.
- January 16th: Users can now download studio plugins for ROBLOX Studio instead of downloading plugins via third-party websites.
- January 28th: Developer Stats are published.
- January 30th: Users can now upload character animations for 30 R$ using the animation plugin.
- January 31st: The ROBLOX 2014 Winter Games begin.
- February 6th: Intellisense & Wiki Integration Now Available in ROBLOX Studio.
- February 8th: ROBLOX launches their Twitch channel with a 3-hour live stream.
- February 10th: The ROBLOX 2014 Winter Games end.
- February 14th: President's Day Sale 2014 starts.
- February 18th: Presidents Day Sale 2014 ends.
- February 28th: Developer Products (also known as Consumables) go live.
- March 3rd: Game Universes go live.
- March 19th: Diolaneiu Ma215 was forced to quit ROBLOX. (Diolaneiuma215 is famous for his weirdness.)
- March 28th: A new ROBLOX Rendering Engine comes into use, the old one being discharged.
- April 1st: An April Fools joke about ROBLOX bodies becoming cats was broadcast.
- April 2nd: Multiple announcements and updates are made.
- April 3rd: Supersafe Chat is removed.
- April 4th: The 2014 BLOXY awards are introduced.
- April 10th: ROBLOX Studio is given a new interface.
- April 11th: The ROBLOX Easter Egg Hunt 2014 opens but closes due to bugs.
- April 14th: The ROBLOX Easter Egg Hunt 2014 re-opens.
- April 15th: Player Points are announced, which are given when someone spends ROBUX. A new Health Bar has been introduced as well. Also, the ROBLOX 2014 Easter Egg Hunt closes once again for updating and bug fixes.
- April 21st: A Developer Console is released, which can be toggled by pressing F9 in a player's game.
- April 22nd: Clan Points are released in beta.
- April 23rd: The ROBLOX Easter Egg Hunt 2014 closes.
- April 24th: New Terrain textures are released.
- April 25th: Player Points are reset.
- April 29th: New skyboxes are released.
- May 1st: TheGamer101 becomes the first Game Developer to cash out $10,000 US Dollars from Developer's Exchange.
- May 3rd: Submissions for The 2014 BLOXY Awards open.
- May 9–10th [exact date unknown]: New ROBLOX Wiki layout. Not announced until May 12th.
- May 13th: OBJ Exporter goes live. Users can now open any ROBLOX file on any 3D software.
- May 14th: John Shedletsky officially announces that he has stopped working full time at ROBLOX. Also, players without Builder's Club can now sell Game Passes.
- May 17th/18th: ROBLOX live streams Maker Faire Bay Area 2014 (also known as BLOXfaire 2014) on their Twitch channel.
- May 23rd: Voting for the 2014 Hall of Fame Awards open. Also, the Memorial Day Sale 2014 begins.
- May 26th: Memorial Day Sale 2014 ends.
- May 28th: The 2014 ROBLOX summer interns are revealed.
- May 29th: New character shadows are released.
- May 30th: An explanation for some players' data loss is posted.
- June 5th: Player Points multiply 100x more than the former rate.
- June 6th: Environment Maps and Dynamic Reflections are released. Further details can be found here.
- June 7th: ROBLOX's LEGO Ideas Building Contest begins.
- June 8th: Submissions for the 2014 BLOXY Awards close, as well as voting for the 2014 Hall of Fame Awards.
- June 10th: ROBLOX announces the return of Behind the BLOX.
- June 12th: New character animations are introduced. The /e animations get an upgrade.
- June 21st: The Virtual BLOXcon 2014 event takes place. Also, the 2014 Mid-Summer Night's Sale begins roughly around 9 P.M. PST and ends the next day in the afternoon.
- June 23rd: Players can no longer buy/sell Player Points as a currency.
- [Exact Date Unknown][Not announced until June 24th]: Roblox adds to their Physics Engine with rocket jumps, jump pads, and other varying additions.The new physics upgrade upsets many players due to the fact that users are unable to walk when lunging a sword, and because users slide for a split second after walking.
- June 26th: The new physics engine gets updated. Excluding the sword lunging problem, bugs have been fixed, and small details have been edited.
- [Exact Date Unknown][Possibly released in late June 2014] Certain players, mostly new players had a new Website UI, as a testing feature. The UI now contained a Sidebar UI, which can be opened by pressing the bar icon. When the browser's screen is maximized or is zoomed out, it will instead be fixed.
- July 2nd: The ROBLOX 2014 Summer Games begin.
- July 11th: DeadzoneZackZak is interviewed about his Steam creation. 
- July 12th: The ROBLOX 2014 Summer Games temporarily shut down due to exploiters.
- July 15th: 3D Thumbnails for user avatars and catalog items are released. Also, The ROBLOX 2014 Summer Games reopen.
- Note: The winners from July 12th did not get a prize due to the fact that the Summer Games closed before the day ended.
- July 16th: ROBLOX Mobile is finally released for Android (4.0.3 or later).
- Note: ROBLOX Mobile Android for the US and Canada was released on July 16th, ROBLOX Mobile Android for international locations was not released until the following morning.
- July 17th: Let's Play!, a new segment on ROBLOX's Twitch channel, is streamed for the first time.
- July 20th: The submission period for ROBLOX's LEGO Ideas Building Contest ends at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
- July 24th: The ROBLOX 2014 Summer Games end.
- July 25th: Improved camera and controls are added to ROBLOX Mobile.
- July 28th: Two updates are released
- A new place loading screen is added, but taken down a day later.
- New AI Pathfinding script functions are released.
- July 29th: The new ROBLOX layout is finally released and given to the majority of users. Some users receive the new layout before July 29th, and some are not receiving it at all.
- July 31st: The voting period for ROBLOX's LEGO Ideas Building Contest ends.
- [Possibly released in late June 2014][Not announced until July 31st]: ROBLOX releases Cobblestone, Metal, and Wood Planks as new materials.
- [Exact date unknown][Not announced until July 31st]: ROBLOX revamps the materials, Fabric, and Grass.
- August 1st: Solid Modeling is released. Also, Developer Exchange rates go up, from 20% to 25%.
- August 10th: Select ROBLOX staff go to the Bricks by the Bay event.
- August 11th: ROBLOX asks the community to vote for their panel for SXSW Interactive 2015.Also, 3D Thumbnails for shirts and pants are enabled.
- August 14th: The in game mouse lock, player points awarded, and friend request GUIs get a revamp. Also, Chief Just us announces the scheduled events for August 2014 through January 2015.
- August 18th: A new Outrageous Builder's Club site theme is released.
- August 19th: ROBLOX Clan Battle 2014 begins.
- August 20th: The finalists for ROBLOX's LEGO Ideas Building Contest are announced.
- August 22nd: NobleDragon and JackInTheBlox take the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and a gear is put up for sale in the catalog to support the challenge. Also, to celebrate the end of summer, ROBLOX renames the sub forums to beach related names.
- August 25th: A new Library tab is added to the Develop page. Also, the first period for ROBLOX Clan Battle 2014 ends.
- August 26th: Roughly around 2:30 PM PST, the site goes under unscheduled maintenance due to site issues. Afterwards, players report losing and/or gaining robux and/or tickets. Certain thumbnails glitch and 3D Thumbnails aren't able to load. Also, the second period for ROBLOX Clan Battle 2014 begins.
- August 27th: The in-game inventory, health bar, player list, chat list, and the Game Menu GUI are revamped.
- August 28th: The World of The Boxtrolls sponsor place opens. Also, the character movement sounds get revamped, but are removed the day after.
- August 29th: Labor Day Sale 2014 begins.
- August 31st: ROBLOX Clan Battle 2014 ends.
- September 1st: The maximum Developer Exchange payment is increased from 5 million ROBUX for $12,500 to 8 million ROBUX for $20,000.
- September 2nd: A new API is added that allows users to input in game video ads into their places for players on ROBLOX Mobile to view. Also, Labor Day Sale 2014 ends.
- September 3rd: The maintenance banner gets revamped.
- September 4th: It is announced that the ROBLOX community and staff helped donate over $6,000 to the ALS Research Foundation.
- September 6th: ROBLOX University 2014 event starts. Also, the first Game Creation Challenge begins, with the theme being 'Scare Us Silly.
- September 11th: New character movement sounds are released.
- [Exact date unknown][Possibly released in October 2014]: ROBLOX University 2014 event ends.
- [Exact date unknown][Possibly released in October 2014]: In-game badge achievement sounds return.
- [Exact date unknown][Possibly released in October 2014]: Global leaderboards are removed.
- October 1st: BLOXtober 2014 event begins.
- October 11th: A new loading screen for Place loading was added, but then taken down about 12 hours later due to possible negative reception.
- October 13th: The final BLOXtober 2014 gift is released and Hallow's Eve 2014 : The Witching Hour Returns place opens.
- October 14th: All ROBLOX badges are revamped. Inviter badge and Ambassador badge are discontinued but remain on user profiles. Image Moderator badge, Forum Moderator badge, and Super Moderator badge no longer show on user profiles.
- October 24th/25th: ROBLOX goes live for the 24 Hour Extra Life Twitch streaming event on Friday, October 24th, at 6 PM Pacific Time. At 10 AM Pacific Time on October 25th, ROBLOX starts streaming again and makes the monthly BLOXcast part of the event. The event continues up until 6 PM Pacific Time. Afterward, an incident occurs in which administrator, b1tsh1ft, accidentally leaves the microphone on and the voices of many administrators from the stream can be heard.
- October 26th: A looper script is developed that allows places to receive mass amounts of place visits. As a result, the front page was spammed with games using this script.
- October 27th: ROBLOX administrators SnowBL0X, JacksSmirkingRevenge, and b1tsh1ft are fired due to the October 25 Twitch Incident. Elite Einherjar becomes an administrator.
- [Exact date unknown]: New particle effects are released.
- [Exact date unknown]: The default spawn Force field is updated.
- [Exact date unknown][Not announced until October 30th]: ROBLOX Mobile is released on the Amazon App Store.
- October 30th: The chat feature was updated.
- [Exact date unknown]: A phishing message was sent to multiple players. The message contained a link to a fake ROBUX generator; users who entered account information into the generator had their accounts compromised.
- November 2nd: The BLOXtober 2014 event ends.
- [Exact date unknown][Possibly released in late October 2014]: The default Force Field receives further edits.
- [Exact date unknown]: Parts that use solid modeling now have physics.
- November 10th: The loading screen (when loading places) was updated. The new loading screen is now the loading screen that was taken down before 12 hours on 11th October.
- November 11th: The ROBLOX Zazzle store opens.
- November 14th: An update to the forums was announced. Multiple forums were anticipated to be merged.
- November 17th: The same forum merge announced 3 days ago took effect.
- November 19th: The BLOXgiving event starts.
- [Exact date unknown]: ROBLOX's website UI was updated, before it was updated, players saw a special "ROBLOX is undergoing maintenance" message. The message was "ROBLOX is currently undergoing maintenance. Game joins are temporarily disabled for a few minutes." or similar to that.
- December 11th: URLs in forum posts, place/item descriptions, chat, and user blurbs are now clickable.
- December 17th: The home page is updated.
- January 19th: The 2015 Winter Games starts.
- February 4th: Friends lists were changed to followers/following lists, and best friends were changed to friends as part of the "Friends and Followers" update.
- February 9th: The Name List was updated.
- February 18th: ROBLOX underwent periods of unannounced maintenance after performing a scheduled maintenance during the early morning hours of February 18th EST. During this time, in-game and real-world purchased could not be made on the ROBLOX service. This caused multiple glitches such as pictures becoming crosses and spawning in-game as a noob.
- February 19th: Due to all the above glitches, ROBLOX was taken down again but this time, for nearly 12 hours until about 12 AM EST on February 20th. This was the longest downtime ROBLOX has ever had to date.
- February 24th: ROBLOX added the ability to follow players from within a game. Now, friends turned into followers and best friends turned into friends.
- February 26th: New Surface Lightnings are shown.
- Unknown time in February: New game templates added; City, Medieval, Obby, Racing, and Shooter.
- March 1st: Updated game menu when you select a game to play.
- March 5th: Game pages are updated.
- March 18th: ROBLOX now supports .ogg audio files.
- March 23rd: Egg/Dev Hunt 2015 starts.
- April 1st: In honor of April Fool's Day, the ROBLOX twitter made a tweet saying that "old ROBLOX" was back. On ROBLOX's Facebook page, it was announced that all characters were changed to BLOXikins.
- April 23rd: The in-game navigation bar was updated, as well as the default smile.
- April 24th: Custom Particles are released.
- April 30th: taymaster is the first developer to earn $50,000 in one month using DevEx.
- May 10th: ROBLOX "Ultimate Competition" begins.
- May 22nd: Memorial Day Sale begins.
- May 25th: Memorial Day Sale ends.
- May 27th: ROBLOX adds smooth terrain for ROBLOX Client and ROBLOX Studio. A week later, new players begun starting with a place made with smooth terrain.
- May 28th: Group users can now earn money off of Group Owned Games.
- June 1st: Jurassic World event begins in anticipation of the release of the movie of the same name.
- June 3rd: ROBLOX releases Game icons, making it easier to navigate, as well as the new beautiful UI. The extra search bar on the games page was removed. Also, new players began starting with places made of smooth terrain. The first user to start with this place was freddy bear 246. NerfModder (Jackson Fowler) also died at that day because of his suicide.
- June 15th: The ROBLOX Summer Camp starts. Also, the Jurassic World event ends, and a Teen Titans Go! sponsorship begins at Work at a Pizza Place.
- June 23rd: The Smooth Terrain Contest starts.
- June 30th: The Smooth Terrain Contest ends. The winners of the contest were also announced.
- July 1st: A sponsorship of the Illuminations' movie Minions begins, and also the "ROBLOX Summer Games" event ends and the Lunchables sponsor starts.
- July 2nd: A new kind of material is added to ROBLOX under the name of Neon, which makes blocks seem bright without light.
- July 23rd: The loading screen was updated with a background and a circular spinner, but however, it did not show how many voxels/instances/bricks/connectors it was loading. They also broke the in-game player list, making it so it could not close.
- July 26th: Due to a script error in a site update many players were automatically logged off couldn't log in. It was however, fixed within an hour after the discovery.
- July 30th: An update in the ROBLOX client broke Local Scripts that can hide the in-game player list and also, A free model which is the old cursor was glitched out and broken again, just like what happened to the top bar update. It broke old ROBLOX simulators and some FPS games.
- August 2nd: The Lunchables sponsor concludes.
- August 5th: Builders Club, Turbo Builders Club and Outrageous Builders Club 6 months and lifetime options are removed.
- August 13th: An unknown hacker or hacking group attempted to "crack" or gain unauthorized access to ROBLOX's database(s) but failed in the end. As a result of this, the database(s) were filled with bugs and glitches, especially the DataStore features. ROBLOX took note of this and started fixing the DataStore. During this time ROBLOX went offline until it was fixed. It was disguised as a routine maintenance on the Main Page and this problem was only announced the following day.
- August 14th: The paint palette on ROBLOX Studio got a new look and more colors were added.
- August 19th: ROBLOX had their Road to 100K live stream on Twitch. ROBLOX was also slower than normal at the start of the stream and some viewers reported that it wouldn't load.
- September 2nd: Profiles were changed and now have more features,but some people said they couldn't see what their friends are playing and even lost a number of badges.
- September 14th: A new in-game menu was introduced which featured keyboard shortcuts for the Desktop version and makes reporting people to ROBLOX moderators much easier.
- October 5th: New physics are introduced. Unfortunately, this introduction broke some older game mechanics like Trains using Cylinders as wheels.
- October 7th: New shaders are added.
- October 16th: A new website chat interface was added, which showed whether your friend's are offline or online and their current face appearance.
- October 29th: A new logo for the ROBLOX icon on the desktop is introduced. Also, the old ROBLOX word is back in its entirety.
- November 27th: ROBLOX hits 100,000,000 users. The user is commonly known as AllHailTyraax. But he also made his place for 100,000,000 million place. Which that meant to be a timeline from players.
- January 18th: ROBLOX releases a concept for their new avatar design. After receiving loads of backlash and hate from numerous ROBLOX community members and developers, ROBLOX was forced to head back to the drawing board and create something else.
- February 9th: ROBLOX comes up with the R15: A new avatar design similar to ROBLOX's current avatar the R6. This version of the character brings more parts and hinges to ROBLOX's standard 6-part character, thus allowing more parts of the character to be animated.
- February 17th: ROBLOX gets a new character look and many glitches are present on that day such as: no animations, not spawning with packages and hats, spawning as a noob. That glitch was later fixed.
- February 18th: Beta testing for 'avatar' players begins.
- February 24th: The ability to use underscores in usernames which was removed in 2007, was re-added again. (Now, users could "steal" old underscore accounts, for example, freez_man was terminated in 2007, and someone signed up with the username freez_man and gained access to the account.)
- March 9th: The default place for new players is changed, starting at id 113726813 which is for player ImWhite_NotBlack.
- March 11th: The Snowed-In Game Tournament, the first sports-style event, starts.
- March 12th: R15 players are announced in a blog post. The upcoming update had garnered some praise for its bendy limbs, but has also received some controversy, because some players wanted to bring R6 back. Some even suggested to add a feature to switch between R6 and R15.
- March 15th: ROBLOX announces that tickets will be removed which made a lot of criticism from the community.
- March 15th–16th: The price floor for ROBUX on shirts and pants can be now 5 (minimum price).
- March 18th: The Eggventure game is released in beta.
- March 22nd: Eggventure 2016 is launched.
- March 24th: ROBLOX for the Xbox One now lets players play their own games.
- March 29th: ROBLOX's website glitched and the website was shut down for a short period of time while ROBLOX engineers worked to get the site back up.
- April 1st: ROBLOX said that they were releasing ROBLOX on the Sega Genesis but turned out to be an April Fools joke, Also, they were also doing an April Fools joke on the game reviews that they say that if you climb up all the 10000000 stairs then you will get Super Admin in ROBLOX, if you were reaching that, it would say "APRIL FOOLS!!!" on the GUI. Also, not planned by ROBLOX, developers changed their game titles and thumbnails on April Fools.
- April 6th: ROBLOX celebrates their 10th anniversary.
- April 13th: All ticket items are on their final time on sale. Also, on the same day, ROBLOX released the new Team Create system in ROBLOX Studio, which allows you to work with friends on your game. Also, Team Create was announced via a blog post, which will replace personal servers (PBS).
- April 14th: Tickets are removed from ROBLOX. Remaining tickets are not be converted to ROBUX.
- April 16th: A bug made by a tickets removal removed the ability to donate ROBUX by groups. ROBLOX did shut down the payout system temporary until they fixed the bug.
- April 18th: ROBLOX has launched ROBLOX Battle Arena 2016 with sponsoring to the new Captain America: Civil War movie.
- April 19th: Something unknown in ROBLOX made a bug that made a lot of players disconnect from ROBLOX games. ROBLOX fixed the bug and found out that the ROBLOX game servers crashed and only players with strong internet connection could play games.
- [Unknown time around April]: Two games which were in ROBLOX Battle Arena 2016 were shut down temporarily to fix a bug that ROBLOX players couldn't earn hats.
- April 20th: The players picture has turned into circles.
- April 22nd: ROBLOX was released to Oculus Rift.
- April 25th: ROBLOX has released the beta script for the new R15 body.
- April 27th: ROBLOX shuts down for unscheduled maintenance at 4:00 a.m. EST (1:00 a.m. PST), the reason is unknown.
- April 28th: New faces are released. They are Happy :D, XD 2.0 and ¬_¬. Many players wanted the old faces back as seen in the comments of the faces.
- Unknown time around May: ROBLOX shop is closed for unknown reasons, all links redirect to the catalog.
- May 6th: ROBLOX Battle Arena 2016 has ended.
- May 10th: New physics properties has been released and as well new physics props.
- May 12th: A glitch had happened that some of your player's friends had black circles. It is unknown how this glitch happened.
- May 13th: The Angry Birds Movie event starts.
- May 14th: Voting polls for Memorial Sale 2016 open. To view the poll use this link: bit.ly/1Osjjcg (You cannot vote on this poll anymore.)
- May 17th: ROBLOX adds post-processing effects and anti-aliasing. Also, seven new materials for smooth terrain were released: Asphalt, Cobblestone, Ice, Leafy Grass, Limestone, Pavement, and Salt.
- May 18th: An old forum post from 2009 and 2015 was revived and the moderators reviewed it. As a result of the rapid posting of spam comments, the commentary is removed from all catalog items.
- May 19th: An unknown person bypasses ROBLOX's ASLR causing lag throughout the site.
- May 22nd: ROBLOX's site crashes for an unknown reason.
- May 23rd: Legacy Physics removed, many old games break.
- May 24th: ROBLOX now released their app in the Windows Store.
- May 26th: A message from ROBLOX was sent to every player, informing them that personal servers would be discontinued soon.
- May 27th: The 2016 Memorial Day Sale starts.
- May 30th: The 2016 Memorial Day Sale ends.
- May 31st: Xbox One players are now able to play every game on ROBLOX.
- June 2nd: Around The World event starts.
- June 3rd: The Angry Birds Movie event ends.
- June 4th–5th: Another unknown person bypassed ROBLOX's ASLR making people create injectors (a kind of exploit) easily.
- June 6th: A glitch occurred on ROBLOX avatars where players' legs would become invisible by wearing the Man package right and left legs.
- June 7th: ROBLOX releases the push notifications feature for Chrome. It automatically sends notifications to players when others send them trades, friend requests, messages, etc. It has to be enabled through Chrome and through the Privacy section in settings.
- June 8th: All Personal Build Servers (PBS), or Personal Servers, were converted to game places, and the option to view PBS servers was removed. Also, five new animations were released: Linear, Cubic, Constant, Elastic, and Bounce.
- June 9th: Players are allowed to upload their own meshes for the first time since 2010, as Mesh parts.
- June 10th: The Voltron: Legendary Defender event begins.
- June 16th: The Post, Create and Play event starts. Also, VIP servers have become available for group games.
- June 20th: The Around The World and Voltron: Legendary Defender events end and the ROBLOX Summer Camp 2016 event starts.
- June 22nd: The movie theater company Cinemark filed a trademark infringement lawsuit against ROBLOX over an in-game movie theater from Phantom Forces, which featured logos from Finding Dory and its ROBLOX event: https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20160618/16093634745/cinemark-files-trademark-infringement-lawsuit-against-roblox-over-user-generated-content.shtml
- June 23rd: An unknown user was able to find a way around ROBLOX anti-exploit system, resulting in games being able to be shut down and crashed by hackers. Also, the Voltron: Legendary Defender event restarts.
- June 28th: Players can now change the color of particles using the Color Sequence Editor in ROBLOX Studio.
- Early July: The ROBLOX Summer Camp 2016 event ends.
- July 11th: The mobile version becomes the number one growing platform on ROBLOX.
- July 12th: ROBLOX changed the look of guest avatars. However, many people hated it and some even talked about it on the forums.
- July 18th: ROBLOX's site goes on maintenance and the site crashes for an unknown reason. And many players/users are trapped in a lot of servers and were forced to leave. The site was probably crashed by an unknown hacker or it was just an error. The site said: "This service is unavailable." Later on, the site returned, and showed the normal maintenance screen.
- July 21st: ROBLOX has changed the terms of service, it says that if you are suspended or banned from using the service, you are not allowed to use the service, including signing up for a new account.
- July 22nd: The ROBLOX Imagination Event begins.
- July 24th: A hacker crashed some of the servers of ROBLOX, and players from North America and some regions in England couldn't connect into ROBLOX. ROBLOX fixed the problem as soon they banned the hacker. Also, he posted a tutorial on server DDOS and he did the example on ROBLOX. He stated he did it because "it's full of kids", and it's true to a large extent.
- July 27th: ROBLOX undergoes maintenance and players later turn into noobs for an unknown reason. Also, many people didn't receive their gears, nor spawn with packages. This was like the February 17, 2016 events that occurred.
- July 27th: ROBLOX holds a contest for a new studio startup image. The winner will be chosen in late August–early September and will win $500 cash, as well as having their name on the image.
- July 27th–28th: New Friend text has been changed, If you friend someone and they accept it, now it just says New Friend.
- July 28th: ROBLOX Studio testers can now test gamepasses without spending ROBUX.
- July 29th: The ROBLOX error pages are updated to have 3D instead of 2D images, on all three error pages (404, 403, 500).
- August 2nd: The ability to buy things virtually and with real money, and the ROBLOX catalog and economy temporarily went down for maintenance and upgrades. user ads were disabled so the "Get Builders Club" ad was displayed on every page players went to. For 9+ hours, it was under maintenance.
- August 3rd: The ROBLOX catalog and all other forms of ROBLOX economy were restored around 9 PM EST.
- August 4th: Ingame chat messages now start from the top.
- August 5th: The first ROBLOX Developer Conference is held on Twitch.
- August 8th: ROBLOX receives a DDoS attack. ROBLOX characters wouldn't show up on forums, ads wouldn't load, and games were disconnected. The website eventually shut down at 1:40 PM PDT and went back online at 2:00 PM PDT. Also, the 2016 ROBLOX Summer Games event starts.
- August 12th: "Limited user information dating from 2012 and earlier", as ROBLOX describes it, was leaked from a test site. "Certain accounts" were asked to reset their passwords.
- August 18th: ROBLOX earns a spot on the 35th Annual Inc. 5000 as #2706 in the Consumer Products & Services category.
- August 19th: Old terrain is officially deprecated and is scheduled to be removed on January 1, 2017 on the RBXDev Forums. Also, the GameAvatarType setting was enabled for all users, allowing anyone to use R15 in their game without the need of third party scripts.
- August 22nd: The 2016 ROBLOX Summer Games event ends.
- August 27th: The Endless Summer Cruise is live on Twitch for 12 hours.
- August 29th: ROBLOX goes down due to DNS issues worldwide, at some time before 1:30 a.m. PDT. During that time, the ROBLOX website domain was removed from the internet, shown here. Some users were able to access the site for a few minutes at a time. The site became more stable around 7:30 a.m. PDT, but many users still had problems accessing ROBLOX Studio and the website. People have thought of it to be a DDoS attack but it was in fact, DNS issues. Data loss occurred on many games, leaving some players with missing stats.
- August 30th: ROBLOX continues to have DNS problems worldwide, with some users still unable to access the site. Also, users are now able to chat on the ROBLOX app.
- August 31st: ROBLOX fully fixed the critical DNS problem which caused ROBLOX to be removed from the internet temporarily. Although a few players still can't access the site.
- September 2nd: ROBLOX adds Developer Console to Mobile, which satisfied many mobile users worldwide as previously, they cannot really check for server problems due to the app not having F9 Developer Console.
- [Unknown time around September]: ROBLOX changes the price of audio to depend on the length of the audio. This would later be changed back to a flat 100 fee.
- September 8th: The ROBLOX High School Fan Club becomes the first group to reach 1 million members. Also, ROBLOX discontinues support for Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard).
- September 8/9th: ROBLOX updated their purchase section, which shows when going to an item to purchase it. Additionally, if you go to a group on mobile, it shows the new mobile group layout.
- September 10th: MeshParts can now use part materials.
- September 16th: Team Create is improved.
- September 19th: The ROBLOX website received yet again another DDoS attack, but Coolplugalt is the very first one to talk about this. Plus, he did remind @ROBLOX about this situation from Twitter.
- September 26th: Players can now switch between R6 and R15 on the Avatar page. Also, ROBLOX introduces 2-step verification and users can now upload up to 6 minutes of audio, and the pricing system is changed again.
- September 27th: Constraints are added to ROBLOX Studio's UI, making it easier to create and use them.
- September 29th: R15 is released to public.
- October 1st: BLOXtober 2016 countdown begins. It is sponsored by Nerf.
- October 6th: ROBLOX changes the audio limit back to 2 minutes, and the flat 100 fee is imposed again.
- October 9th: The website is down for about 20 seconds, with the message "Service unavailable".
- October 13th: An item with a timer countdown now shows days, hours, and minutes, instead of just days. Example here.
- October 13th: Official ROBLOX shop on Amazon is open.
- October 14th: Natural Disaster Survival is the first ROBLOX game to reach 1 million favorites.
- October 18th: ROBLOX User Survey starts.
- October 20th: A new template is added named "Village".
- October 21st: ROBLOX has DNS issues again.