Personal servers, which were also a feature limited to Builders Club members, were automatically made a MEGA server. After an unknown time, they removed the picture symbolizing that it was a MEGA place. They did create, and keep the picture that shows that a game is a Personal Server. Then the Personal Servers themselves were removed June 8, 2016.
Groups often made their places 'Mega' as they could hold much more members of the group than a standard server.
Few games on the front page currently have 100 players as the max, mostly due to gameplay being hard at higher player counts. Only MeepCity and 2 of Air Attica's games has 100 players on it, but on December 28, 2016, MeepCity's player count was changed to 80, but on an unknown date it was changed to 120.
This is probably because there will be never that amount of players playing a single game, as even top page games won't have a total of 50000 players playing a game.
However, on 12/23/17, Jailbreak's Player Total Exceeded 110K Players. This is the highest amount of players playing a single game at a time.
Mega Places on ROBLOX
- Shedletsky's Telamon's Big World was once a MEGA place. It could, and still can, hold up to 120 players.
- Matt Dusek's Balance place was once a MEGA place. It could, and still can, hold up to 255 players.
- Shedletsky's Crossroads 1024 - WIP was once a MEGA place. It could, hold up to 50000 players. This is the highest player limit that any game on ROBLOX has. It was changed in 2017 to have only a max amount of 100 players. This was likely because the servers would not be able to handle upwards of 100 players and soon crash from overloading.
- Alexnewtron's Meepcity was once a MEGA place. It could, and still can, hold up to 120 players. This is the same player count as Shedletsky'sTelamon's Big World.
- Shovelware Studios' Shovelware Museum of Art was once a MEGA place. It could, and still can, hold up to 200 players.