Minigames were the original games of ROBLOX before the inclusion of player-generated games.
In 2005, when ROBLOX was in beta 1.0, the concept of places was unthought of. Players would instead play minigames and earn ROBLOX Points, until ROBUX began circulation in 2007.
List of original minigames
|Bridge It!: This game might have been to build a bridge to get across to another point.|
|Bridge It! #2: Basically the same as it's original, except you go diagonally and it's much longer|
Contain It!: In this, balls would drop and you would have to catch them on a baseplate (probably moving)
|Beat the lions: In this, you might have had to run from lions. It was very popular staying on Top Games for a while|
|Dangerous Driver: This might have been an attempt at a driving game|
|Crash Driver: You might have had to crash into things|
Block It!: In this, you might have had to block balls from getting to a certain point
|Level #2 - Block It!: This has not been found, but exists, more balls were most likely added|
|Level #3 - Block It!: In this, more balls were added|
|REMOVE IT: You might have had to remove obstacles for the ball to get through|
|Race! #2: This might have been a racing game where you had to beat the opponent|
|Use strategy to win: This might have been the first attempt at a strategy game|
|Ground Environment: It would be like modern day terrain, and when you click "Build Your Own Games", you would edit this Game (Proof of this is seen in the wayback snapshots when you hover over "Build Your Own Games" and the Ground Environment Games, and you can see they both have the same game ID)|
|Fend off the bots: This might have been the first Sci-Fi game. It also received a Spawn mode later on|
|r5ain: This might have been the first attempt at rain|
|Tank: Might have been the first Military game|
|The Idea of WAR: This might have been an attempt at a war game|
|Spasmotron2 vs. Wimpotron2: The 2 vehicles might have had to fight eachother|
|Balance #1: This is one of the few places from Summer 2005 to have a description. In it, you had to balance parts on a scale and try to keep it balanced. You got more Roblox Points for the fewer parts you used.|
|Steer The Spheres: In it, you would control a ball to get into a red goal. It had a description, like Balance #1 when they were top games (Note: Steer the Spheres was mentioned in the News box on July 9, 2005. It was "our hardest contest yet" and described as "It's like mini-golf where you can change the course.")|
|Steer The Spheres #2: This was an easier version of Steer The Spheres, it hasn't been found but exists.|
|Parrot Cay: You might have sailed to other islands to find treasure|
|King Arthur's Castle: You might have had to defend the castle from attackers|
- Other ones that remain a mystery are Pioneer Home, backyard adventure, Tank Ram Car, Bridge It! #4 and more.
- Some 2004 minigames were City #1, City #2 and don't disturb the dynamite.
With the ROBLOX Points you would get in the rankings, which were taken off by April 2006, when ROBLOX was revamped. This table displays the top users before ROBLOX revamped.
TriviaThis section is a trivia section. Please relocate any relevant information into other sections of the article.
- Woodgie still exists, last being online on March 6, 2009. His ID is 90. His description reads: "i made it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO! HOO! i am top player "
- elvisarea51, who got on the board at one point, had his username fused with the points he had in a glitch.
- At the bottom of the page, it featured the slogan "Try ROBLOX today, It's free!". "It's free!" would later be added to the ROBLOX TV Ad and become a meme within the ROBLOX community.
- Beat The Lions was really popular, staying at Top Games for almost a week.
- The News Box on the top of the page chronicles the "contests" as they called them.
- The minigames were called "contests" as noted in the news box.
- The latest players to be online that were on the leaderboard are William, elvisarea51 and Matt, all of them being on as recent as September 2016.