This article needs a complete rewrite or cleanup to meet the Roblox Wikia's quality standards. Please proofread this page and edit this to make it revamped. The specific problems are: Needs links to other pages, information is very outdated, very little use of headings, etc.
ROBLOX states the Minimum System Requirements for PC users:
- Graphics Card: ROBLOX requires DirectX 9 minimum and Shader Model 2.0. For the best performance, we recommend either a computer less than 13 years old with a dedicated video card or a laptop less than 3 years old with an integrated video card.
- Processor: ROBLOX recommends you have a recent processor (2005+) with a clock speed of 1.6 GHz or better. There have been some issues with older AMD processors.
- RAM or Memory: ROBLOX recommends you have at least 1 GB of memory on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 computers.
- Storage Space: ROBLOX recommends you have at least 20 Mb of system storage space to install Roblox.
This chart has not been updated since 2009, but thanks to some dedicated hardware collectors, we were able to establish a new chart of minimum requirements.
- Graphics Card: Minimally, you can get playable framerates with Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher (onboard graphics), but just make sure you have at least 128MB of VRAM. Integrated graphics will have a much harder time with larger games such as Phantom Forces. For a much nicer experience, upgrading to a dedicated GPU such as a RX 550 would make heavier games, such as Phantom Forces, run smoother.
- Processor: Any Dual Core CPU with a frequency of 2.7GHz or higher (EX: Pentium G3258 3.2 20th Anniversary Edition). ROBLOX will refuse to run on most Single Core CPU's
- RAM or Memory: 2-3 GB of memory running in ANY environment, 4GB of RAM is highly advised though.
- Storage Space: 700 Mb of system storage space to install ROBLOX. Since ROBLOX does tons of updates, 2GB of Disk Space is recommended for update flexibility.
- Internet: 5 Megabits per second down and 1-2 Megabits up will be fine for ROBLOX, but games which need to stream a lot of assets will slow down a tad.
If a PC was made after 2011, you should be good in the specs department. Internet is the biggest department where lag can occur.
Some problems do occur on the AMD Athlon X2 series and the FX-51 of processors for "unknown reasons"
Some problems were occurring on Kaby Lake platforms on launch but were fixed fairly quick
Roblox requires the SSE2 Instruction Extension, found in every PC using an Intel Pentium 4 or better.