An obstacle course is an easily made game, which has been re-made thousands of times. ROBLOX has even made a game template based off of this type of game. In most cases, an obstacle course will be on the front page, for at least a day. Obstacle course creators have been known to be spammed and/or flamed due to their (possibly constant) abuse of free models.
Recently, Builders Club members have been creating obbies which award Admin, ROBUX, or tickets, which many players believe is a scam because it is not possible to obtain ROBUX or tickets in-game. These types of obbies are commonly built with the stamper tool, and there is usually only one spawn location. Common obstacles that appear in Admin/ROBUX obbies include spike jumps and "water jumps". These types of games began to spawn around 2013, and were commonly seen on the front page until BC games were removed from the front page. Some of these games even have a maintenance GUI trying to steal the player's account.
Common reoccuring obstacles
Obstacles that occur in the majority of the obstacle courses include:
- Lava Jumps/Checkers
- Platform Jumps
- A very long path
- Laser Jumps
- Pit Jumping
- Choose a Path
- Ball jumps
- Choose a door (if players go though the wrong one they die)
- Moving Lava (the moving lava is an obstacle introduced in the amazing world of gumball obby. The lava moves and players have to avoid it by jumping in the lava or waiting)
- Winners often use paths to make other people either win or lose.
- Paths, Superjump, Ice Shard (formerly) and Teleport are some of the most common tools at a Winner's Room.
- Superjump and Teleport are often in old places nowadays, however, thanks to ROBLOX updates breaking them they are no longer usable to the players. Paths still work, however.
- Paths come in many different types such as fire path, ice path or rainbow path.
- Due to a late update in 2012, most people find it extremely hard to overcome the "Invisible Path" obstacle, because they mainly click to move across the Invisible bricks. Also, players can check if the block is solid with your camera which makes it more easier for players.
- In some obbies you have to pass to join a group in you might have to do question doors which let players through if they answer the question through chat correctly, complex stages and melee stages are common as well in group obstacle courses.