Founded in 2008 by Diddleshot, (as a group in 2009) Pinewood is one of ROBLOX's oldest existing building groups. The group is also recognized for its contributions to the community with models to assist in game development and its group-created games, having a booth at BLOXcon Chicago in 2013, as well as the origins of many famous developers, such as alexnewtron, Zephyred, madattak, and Rukiryo.
May - November
- Diddleshot and a group of friends founded Pinewood as Pinewood Labs.
- The earliest known facilities built were the Dog Food Factory in September, and the ROBLOX Powerplant in October. The power plant was the first power station facility built on ROBLOX, while the Dog Food Factory was replaced by the classic game Train Demolition.
November - December
- A successor to the Dog Food Factory, the Bread Factory was open to the public; a large bread production factory with giant machinery which sole purpose is feeding a noob named Bob.
- Later in December, Pinewood's first headquarters, named Pinewood Labs (2008), a medium-sized building in a similar setting to the ROBLOX Powerplant, was opened.
- The first Pinewood Headquarters has presently been 'ruined' into Diddleshot's CRUSH A BUILDING! game.
- Pinewood Labs was renamed Pinewood Builders, and it was founded as a group with the latter name using the then-newly introduced Groups feature.
- The Pinewood Research Facility (2009) was built. It was a three to four story, white building located in a large, relatively hidden compound. A tunnel was reportedly located past a checkpoint which at this time, was a mystery to where it led to.
- A second headquarters was built. It was a much larger compound and was relatively hidden. Not much information is available regarding it at the moment.
- Several facilities were introduced throughout 2009, such as the ROBLOX Laundromat, Pinewood Computer Core, Pinewood Space Station, (2009), the Mega Miners game, and the launch center of Pinewood's Space Shuttle Advantage.
- Vice President RedDwarfIV introduces Pinewood Metro, an automated train system, which is used at the Pinewood Space Station.
- Red also added several updates to Space Shuttle Advantage.
- The Pinewood Builders Security Team was established to protect facilities, although its role was merely roleplay at this time.
- The Jet Engine Test place was built, where it would test the effects of aerodynamics, and whether it was safe to place Robloxians within 10 feet of the turbine. Many injuries have been reported in the conduction of this test.
- MRDAFG and Legodude88 founded the Pinewood Intelligence Agency, a top-secret agency responsible for managing Pinewood's internal affairs.
- The new Pinewood Headquarters was opened, featuring a 12-story office building located on an artificial island in the vicinity of Hong Kong.
- Diddleshot released a major update to the Computer Core, allowing the reactor core to initiate a meltdown. This would give the Security Team a major role in protecting the core from blowing up.
- Throughout 2013 from this point, Pinewood, its facilities, and its divisions began to enter a modernization phase.
- The Pinewood Research Facility reopened after a full renovation of its exterior and interior design. It was now located in the Sahara Desert, with majority of the facility located underground, and is now directly connected to the Pinewood Computer Core via elevator shafts.
- Construction on the Pinewood Oil Platform begins by a team of then-unofficial Pinewood developers from JKR Productions.
- Director SigmaTech announces the Pinewood Oil Platform to the public.
- Director Woofmacht founded the Pinewood Broadcasting Corporation, with RobbyRBLX as the first PBC President.
- The Pinewood Emergency Team division was created.
- Vice President Legodude88 was removed on April 6th, followed by a large number of other members leaving the group, notably those of the PIA and PBST. As a result, the PIA and PBST were left in a state of anarchy.
- The Pinewood Oil Platform missed its first deadline of March 29, 2015. The April 6th purge also caused the oil platform to temporarily stop development.
- The Pinewood Intelligence Agency and Pinewood Security were reinstated with new replacements following April 6th, with ShatteredGuest assuming the role of Head of Security and Head of Intelligence.
- Diddleshot announced the construction of the Pinewood Research Facility would be restarted after around a year of inactivity. Several updates to the ROBLOX Laundromat and Mega Miners also followed.
- Pinewood Oil Platform development resumed.
- ShatteredGuest resigned from his post following a misunderstanding between him and Diddleshot at a security training.
- DeathPossession was appointed Head of Security and Head of Intelligence.
- Legodude88 and some of the other executives who left on April 6th return to Pinewood.
- DeathPossession and Momolivia were appointed to the Vice President position, much to the disgust of Lego and his fellow former executives, who left again as a result.
- The Pinewood Oil Platform opened on December 23, 2015.
- largeTitanic2 was appointed as Head of Security.
- The Pinewood Oil Platform closed down and was moved to another group following the departure of newly appointed Director RobloxGuy6403.
- xBlueSparks was appointed as PBC President.
- Vatnajokull was appointed as PBC President.
- MRDAFG returned to Pinewood. A reformation for the Internal Affairs Committee took place. Legodude88 returned again as Vice President, only to leave later that month.
- The PIA constructed a new headquarters facility and began work on new training facility concepts for PBST.
- Head of Security and Head of Intelligence largeTitanic2 resigned from Pinewood Builders. Several members of the PIA joined him in a renegade.
- The beta stages of PBCC's FilteringEnabled initiated at the peak of exploiting began to cause a negative effect on Pinewood's reputation. Game-wide updates had broken a lot of things, including PRIDe.
- AkaSwift was appointed as PET Director.
- Galaxerz was selected to succeed Vatnajokull as PBC President.
- The PBST Security Commissioner election took place, which was met with backlash from lower ranks.
- Woofmacht, a former Pinewood Executive, returned to Pinewood, who was re-appointed to the Board of Directors.
- Woofmacht then established the Pinewood Administrative Assembly as a democratic system to organize the immense number of high ranks in the group.
- A stable build of PBCC FE was released.
- Major reformations began as Woofmacht was appointed as Head of Security.
- The Pinewood Administrative Assembly was abolished.
- Cajess was appointed to the position of Artistry Director.
- Diddleshot and Director Woofmacht had decided to reform PBC by purging the entire PBC administration and the middle ranks, removing the Editing and Journalism divisions of PBC, and re-hired robbeshens (RobbyRBLX) as PBC President again.
- Trains at the PBCC were finally fixed with the help of IAC members Gonow32 and theonlyinvincible.
- Theonlyinvincible was appointed to the position of Scripting Director by Diddleshot.
- Theonlyinvincible assisted in the creation of a successor to the previous admin commands system named PRIDe. He and Diddleshot also made major updates to the Pinewood Computer Core.
- UltimatePlasmaGuy replaced Tommify as PBC President.
- The Pinewood Spaceship began construction by a team of six developers lead by Director Woofmacht.
- Pinewood's human resources department was created.
- GraviticPulse, Cajess, and DrGezus were appointed to the Field Officer position in PBST. Pinewood Space Ship is announced.
- PBST 'strike team' activities are introduced, resulting in the creation of various regiments.
- GraviticPulse leaves Pinewood.
- Woofmacht and theonlyinvincible were appointed to the Vice President.
- The second trailer for Pinewood Space Ship was released.
- Aeseru and Kezzera were given the Board of Directors & Executives Rank.
- PBC reforms began with Sir_Payne taking control of the group.
- Group ranks are reformed with new and revised ranks.
- This includes: Basic and Advanced Scientists, Basic and Advanced Builders, Development Team, and Moderation Team.
- Gonow32, halfdeadtom, Excitive, danielpratt222, and DrGezus were appointed to Board of Directors.
- The Pinewood Intelligence Agency was shut down by Sir_Payne, the founder of the sub-division, due to losing its purpose.
- Andimal was appointed to Board of Directors.
- Diddleshot and G0LDENLUIGI agree on a new logo and host a contest to see if anyone could succeed the 2014 (current) logo
- On October the 20th, close to 500 members left Pinewood, following a disagreement with Diddleshot at a board meeting. This includes the entire Board of Directors, minus Cajess, all members of the development team, the Security Overseer and both Vice Presidents. Most of these members left to form their own group.
- Following the events of October 20, the Board of Directors was abolished, along with Vice President. PRIDe was removed from all Pinewood games, following the resignation of its original creator, causing the PBCC to be flooded with exploiters. A new administration script was put in place by Diddleshot, and all members of the group formed by former Pinewood executives were banned from all Pinewood games.
- Due to most of Red Europa's developers leaving Pinewood, Pinewood Builders lost control of Red Europa, It is under the control of the new group that the former Vice President made.
- Momolivia returned to Pinewood and was given the role "The Great Minds', along with Cajess.
- Pinewood changed direction, moving away from the idea of being a company.
- After winning the logo competition, Kellerite (formerly keller36) was appointed as Promoter.
- Construction of the Pinewood Echo Mars Base begun, with development being lead by Momolivia. It is currently in Alpha.
- PBST/PIA reforms begin with new rules, guide and weapons.
- Cajess has left PB.
Pinewood has many ranks that can be given. To achieve some of these ranks, please read what the rank does and then read how to achieve it:
Member - Community of Pinewood Builders. You are automatically given this rank when you join the group.
Builders (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Legendary) - Community of builders. You apply for these ranks via the PB Applications place.
Basic - Knows basic tools.
Intermediate - Knows more advanced tools.
Advanced - Knows the logistics of making a game.
Legendary - Has made a popular game and is extremely good at using tools.
Scientists (Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, Legendary) - Community of scripters. You apply for these ranks via the PB Applications place.
Basic - Knows basic scripting.
Intermediate - Knows more advanced scripting.
Advanced - Knows all the logistics of scripting.
Legendary - Has made a popular game and is extremely good at using scripts.
Promoters - People who promote members to ranks.
The Great Minds - Those who are friends with Diddleshot and is trustworthy gets this rank. You are chosen for this rank.
Chairman - The one and only Diddleshot. You must be crazy if you think you can get this rank.
Work In Progress
Games can be found under Diddleshot's profile or under the PB group.