Through Premium MembershipROBLOXians who purchase a premium membership receive a daily ROBUX allowance. Users in a Builders Club membership earn 15 ROBUX, while those in Turbo Builders Club or Outrageous Builders Club earn 35 and 60 ROBUX respectively. Players also receive a 100 ROBUX bonus for the first-time purchase of a premium membership.
A loyalty program was introduced as an incentive for users to continue purchasing Builders Club. With this program, players could earn up to 300% of their principle income, or up to 45, 105, or 180 ROBUX. A later update to the loyalty program reduced the amount a person can earn to up to 20% of their principle income (3, 7, or 12 ROBUX) and completely removed any loyalty bonuses for new Builder's Club members. The program was discontinued in 2014]].
ROBLOX released the ability to purchase ROBUX through their website on September 26, 2008 and through the ROBLOX Mobile App on December 11, 2012. ROBUX can also be purchased through a ROBLOX Card. Users with an active premium membership will receive an additional ROBUX bonus if they purchase ROBUX.
|ROBUX||Price (USD)||ROBUX Bonus (BC-Only)||Additional Notes|
|90||$0.99||None||This is only available through the ROBLOX Mobile App.|
With the November 2008 release of the RoblEX currency exchange, ROBLOXians are given the ability to exchange Tickets into ROBUX and vise-versa. The RoblEX's exchange rate is based off user demand and typically hovers around 1 ROBUK for 17-18 tickets for market orders.
The Developer's Exchange (DevEX) was released on October 1, 2013. This feature allows developers who meet specific qualifications to exchange ROBUX into real-life currency (USD) on a monthly basis. In order to qualify for DevEX, users must be currently enrolled in Outrageous Builders Club, have earned over 100,000 ROBUX, have a valid PayPal account, and be a verified account. Currently, developers earn $200 per 100,000 ROBUX exchanged through DevEX.
The value of ROBUX has increased since its initial release. With 3,297 ROBUX, a ROBLOX Blog article declared Miked as one of the wealthiest ROBLOX players. Today, many users have upwards of 40,000 ROBUX in their accounts without being considered by the community as wealthy.
Current theories about the dramatic shift in ROBUX's value are embedded in the idea of supply and demand. Supply and demand are typically inversely related, and the balance of both establish the equilibrium price.
- As more users log into ROBLOX, ticket supply increases. This increase in supply creates a surplus of tickets, which therefore lowers the value of them. As a result, the ticket to ROBUK ratio increases (more tickets are required to "purchase" one ROBUX through the currency exchange).
- By selling most of their items in the catalog for ROBUX and incentivizing users to exchange ROBUX for real-life currency through the Developer's Exchange, the demand for ROBUX has increased. This increase in demand compared to a minimal increase in the supply of ROBUX creates a shortage of ROBUX. As a result, the ticket to ROBUX ratio increases.
According to the Developer's Exchange, 400 ROBUX is equal to $1, while a 2013 blog post announced that one ROBUCK is equal to one penny.
- For 100 ROBUX, users in a premium membership can create groups. For the same amount of money, a player can upload a piece of audio into a game
- For 1000 ROBUX, users can change their name.
- Users can upload thumbnails for their places. An image thumbnail requires 20 ROBUX, while a video thumbnail requires 500 ROBUX.
- Players can purchase items in the Catalog for varying amounts of ROBUX.
- In 2007, ROBUX appeared as a golden coin.
- The guest feature and the ability to purchase ROBUX were released on the same day.
- ↑ Alan "JacksSmirkingRevenge" Fackler. ROBLOX Currency Exchange: The Deep End. ROBLOX Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2012/10/roblox-currency-exchange-the-deep-end/
- ↑ John Shedletsky. ROBLOX ROBUX. ROBLOX Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2007/05/roblox-robux/
- ↑ Arbirator, BC Loyalty Bonus:Phasing Out, Arbirator's ROBLOX News, http://www.arbirator-robloxnews.com/2012/09/bc-loyalty-bonus-phasing-out.html
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 John Shedletsky. Be Our Guest, Buy Our ROBUX. ROBLOX Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2008/09/be-our-guest-buy-our-robux/
- ↑ Dylan Bromley. ROBLOX Mobile is Out Of Beta: Download and Play Today!. ROBLOX Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2012/12/roblox-mobile-is-out-of-beta-download-and-play-today/
- ↑ John Shedletsky. It's the Economy... ROBLOX Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2008/11/its-the-economy-2/
- ↑ Andrew "Blockhaak" Hakk. The Definitive Statistical Guide to ROBLOX's High-Growth in 2012. ROBLOX Blog. http://blog.roblox.com/2013/01/the-definitive-statistical-guide-to-robloxs-high-growth-2012/