ROBUX (singular Robukhttp://blog.roblox.com/2012/10/roblox-currency-exchange-the-deep-end/) is one of the two main currencies on ROBLOX. Introduced on May 14th, 2007, ROBUX is considered as the primary, as almost every ROBLOX-created item in the Catalog is sold in it. ROBLOXians currently in a Builders Club (BC) membership receive a daily allowance of 15-60 ROBUX in addition to the 10 Tix received when one signs on daily. A Loyalty Program was introduced to increase a ROBLOXian's income by certain levels. The highest level of maximum boost income is 3x, meaning if that ROBLOXian is registered in the Builder's Club (BC), Turbo Builders Club (TBC), or Outrageous Builders Club (OBC), that player receives a maximum of 45, 105, or 195 ROBUX respectively.
A Builders Club member receives a variable amount of ROBUX per day, depending on the membership one has signed up for. BC, TBC, and OBC members earn 15, 35, of 60 ROBUX respectively.
All members in Builders Club can also create Shirts, Pants, and T-Shirts, which can be sold in the Catalog for ROBUX. They may also earn money by purchasing Limited or LimitedU items and sell them for a higher price later in time.
On the ROBLOX website, players may Trade Currency and trade TIX for ROBUX, or ROBUX for TIX. In the markets, one Robuk averages 14 tickets when trading, but a Robloxian cannot trade 20 tickets. However, when trading tickets for ROBUX, Tickets sometimes tend to equal one Robux with more or less than 10 tickets in total, varying on the Trade System's records on previous trades. ROBUX can be redeemed with real world currency by purchasing ROBLOX and Rixty Cards.
Value of Robux
The value of Robux increased since when it was first introduced. Nowadays, a user can have around 40,000 and not have thousands astonished, but back in 2007 miked had 3,297 ROBUX and was announced 'one of the wealthiest Roblox players'. There are many reasons behind the increase of Robux:
- More users. More place visits happen.
- Buy Robux. Users can buy up to 35,000 Robux - sometimes even more!
- Builders Club. Outrageous Builders Club members can get up to 195 Robux a day.
According to this blog post, the price of 17.6 billion Robux is equal to $176 million, so 100 Robux would be equal to $1, and a single Robuck is equal to a penny.
Other uses of ROBUX
- Users are able to use ROBUX to create user-made badges for other players to earn at one's place for a price of 100 ROBUX for each badge created if they have Builders Club.
- Users can create groups with a 100 ROBUX if they have Builders Club
- Like badges, you can make game passes that can give you benefits in-game (such as VIP) which cost 100 ROBUX for each game pass created and requires BC.