The Report Abuse button (now called a GUI) was released on January 31, 2007, and was the first way a user could report someone for breaking the rules. Once the the main HUD's button is pressed, a box entitled 'Report Abuse' would ask for a description of the incident and what category it falls under, listed below. It has been theorized that it takes two or more reports upon a player before it has any effect on them, which may promote server-wide hate towards anyone committing a foul action. Today the button is in the in-game menu. (To access the menu, press Esc on your keyboard while in-game and clicking the Report Button.)
The player can be reported quickly by clicking the player's name in the player list, same as the other GUI but not showing "Game or Player" and the reasons are different.
On the official website, users can report a player by clicking the "Report Abuse" link under the user's profile, which will send you to a page similar to the picture shown, but will have the player's name filled out.
Many people think reports are flawed and don't work, but some reports do get read.
- Main article: Ban
- In-game ban (user cannot play the game temporarily or permanently, but can play other games) (usually given out by the moderators, administrators and the owners of the games)
- Reminder (used to be common, but now rare)
- Warning (only if the reason is minor, somewhat rare)
- 1-day ban (account banned for a day, meaning you can't access the account banned for a day)
- 3-day ban (account banned for 3 days, meaning you can't access the account banned for 3 days)
- 7-day ban (account banned for 7 days, meaning you can't access the account banned for 7 days, severe)
- 14-day ban (account banned for 14 days, meaning you can't access the account banned for 14 days, somewhat rare and very severe)
- Account deletion/termination (account is terminated and cannot be accessed again)
- Poison ban (cannot access banned account and cannot create new accounts, uses IP/player's email)
- IP ban (cannot access website, however it can be bypassed by an appeal, proxy or having a new IP)
- 1P ban (cannot access the website, and it cannot by bypassed)
- Swearing: any person swearing within ROBLOX.
- Inappropriate Username: username may appear inappropriate.
- Bullying: any acts of bullying or cyberbullying within ROBLOX.
- Account Trading or Sharing: Asking for accounts or asking to log in to one's account.
- Asking Personal Questions: Asking for private info (passwords, etc)
- Scamming: Scamming for ROBUX, Limiteds or any valuable item.
- Dating: Online Dating
- Offsite Links: Any links that are not allowed on ROBLOX.
- Personal Question: Asking for private info
- Cheating/Exploiting: Use of third-party software or scripts to "exploit" that server
- During December 2010, if the user reports 20 players for breaking the rules, they get a present called "Janitorial Gift of Taking Out the Trash", and it is rare to trade with.
- Online content is always moderated.