The first ROBLOXian had round studs and no moving limbs. In 2007, the first ROBLOXian with moving limbs was invented; however, the ROBLOXians looked like the original. Shirts and pants made the limbs look separate, and then limbs got separated altogether, and a new shaped head, often reffered to the shiny head, was added to the user.
- The first characters had medium green pants, a bright blue or a bright red torso, and a yellow head and yellow arms, resembling what many players call a noob.
- A user can change the colors of their ROBLOXian's limbs; if the user is not wearing a shirt, players can see the color of its torso.
- ROBLOXians from 2006 to 2007 had sharper limbs and different heads.
- According to an admin post, a ROBLOXian is only 5 inches tall.
- These ROBLOXians have disadvantages on obbys due to having bigger legs which gives disadvantages and advantages sometimes.
ROBLOXian 2.0 package is a package available for 15. This was the first package on ROBLOX for players to try out for their ROBLOXian. This package was met with severe criticism because of online daters using this package.
- The 2.0 package has a more realistic look than the default blocky look.
- Although it was the first package to hit the catalog, a lot of users claim that standard look is better in some ways than the ROBLOXian 2.0.
ROBLOXian 3.0 packages are starter packages for users that have registered an account in 2014 or later. Users could choose between the Man package or the Woman package. Soon after, the starter Man package was changed to include a hair-type hat that costed 90, a blue and black shirt with a motorcycle print and dark green jeans. The Woman package on the other hand, was given grey striped shirt with a denim jacket and a pair of pink jeans. These packages were introduced in 2013, but costed 75. The price was decreased for the new packages to 25, and finally they were available for free.
Also, many players thought LEGO might sue ROBLOX with this package because of it's Lego type feel.
- Similarly like the ROBLOXian 2.0 and other packages, the ROBLOXian 3.0 packages received high amount of criticism within the community.
On March 2, 2016, ROBLOXian 4.0 packages became the packages for users that he/she receives as they sign up, depending on which gender they choose. They are a free package and look similar to the ROBLOXian 2.0. Man and Woman variants are available in the Catalog as a free purchase to all users.
- People react as in XBOX_M AND XBOX_F Packages on ROBLOX XBOX One.
- The 4.0 packages are much more realistic as opposed to the 2.0 and 3.0 packages which had claimed to be the most realistic in the past.
- Main article: R15
The R15 Body, or Avatar, is a new beta test playermodel. Instead of the regular 6 joints, it uses 15. Allowing for more fluid animation. Beta testing this new feature came out on February 18, 2016. Players can use this type of player via scripts on ROBLOX Studio.
- It is the only ROBLOXian model to look similar to the V1, with the only difference being the joints.
- It was announced here: http://devforum.roblox.com/t/future-of-avatar/22286
- Before March 2007, players could not change the look of their character, unless they contributed to the community. In the aforementioned month, ROBLOX allowed all users to change how their characters look for free.