Early ROBLOXianThe early ROBLOXian is the same as 1.0 but the head is not cylindrical, it is instead a sphere that is one stud in front of the actual torso and the head is down. It should also be noted that this model used two torso parts (notice the separate colors), while newer versions have only one.
The first ROBLOXian had round studs and no moving limbs. In 2007, the first ROBLOXian with moving limbs was created and implemented; however, the ROBLOXians looked like the original design, save for the animations. Shirts and pants made the limbs look separate, and then limbs got separated altogether. A new shaped head, often referred to as the "shiny head", was added to the ROBLOXian in 2009, with its name originating to the tremendous amount of glare emitted from the head.
ROBLOXian 2.0 package is a package available for 15 ROBUX. This was the first package on ROBLOX for players to try out for their ROBLOXian. This package was met with severe criticism because of "online daters" (OD'ers) using this package.
ROBLOXian 3.0 packages are starter packages for users that have registered an account in 2014 or later. Users could choose between the Man package or the Woman package. Soon after, the starter Man package was changed to include a hair-type hat that costed 90 ROBUX, a blue and black shirt with a motorcycle print and dark green jeans. The Woman package on the other hand, was given a grey striped shirt with a denim jacket and a pair of pink jeans. These packages were introduced in 2013, but costed 75 ROBUX. The price was decreased for the new packages to 25 ROBUX, and finally they were available for free. This series of packages also has a negative association, as ROBLOXian 3.0 is default for new users and is seen as amateurish.
On March 2, 2016, ROBLOXian 4.0 packages became the packages for users that they automatically receive when they sign up, depending on which gender they choose. They are free packages and resemble an updated ROBLOXian 2.0. Man and Woman variants are available in the catalog as a free purchase to all users.
- Main article: R15
The R15 Body, or Avatar, is a new playermodel. Instead of the regular 6 joints, it uses 15, allowing for more fluid animation. R15 was officially announced on the blog. Beta testing for this new feature came out on February 18, 2016. The user can turn R15 on without scripts in ROBLOX Studio; instead they can simply toggle it on the Configure page. It was released on September 29, 2016.
Anthropomorphic Proportions, commonly referred to as Anthro, is ROBLOX's new Player Avatar. Anthro isn't usable by the public yet, but it can be tested here.
Users generally dislike the Anthro avatar for multiple reasons. It is generally much different compared to R15. It doesn't fit with the blocky ROBLOX style that has been established ever since 2006. Anthro could also encourage more Online Dating.
- The first characters had medium green pants, a bright blue or a bright red torso, and a yellow head and yellow arms, resembling what many players call a noob.
- There are a number of similar user/person definable characters and/or avatars like these such as Whatnots from The Muppets, Anything Muppets from Sesame Street, Miis from the Nintendo consoles and Piantas from the Super Mario series.
- A user can change the colors of their ROBLOXian's limbs; if the user is not wearing a shirt, players can see the color of its torso.
- Up until 2011, the player's torso color would change to the color Team they were on.
- ROBLOXians from 2006 to 2007 had sharper limbs and different heads.
- According to an admin post, a ROBLOXian is only 5 inches tall.
- Having smaller or bigger legs do not make an advantage in obbies; even if a package is on, the leg has the same hitbox.
- The 2.0 package has a more realistic look than the default blocky look.
- Although it was the first package to hit the catalog, a lot of users claim that standard look is better in some ways than the ROBLOXian 2.0.
- Similarly like the ROBLOXian 2.0 and other packages, the ROBLOXian 3.0 packages received high amount of criticism within the community.
- People react as in XBOX_M AND XBOX_F Packages on ROBLOX XBOX One.
- In early 2007, the icon for a ROBLOXian looked different, as seen with builderman in the picture to the right.