A skateboard is a vehicle-type gear item that was first introduced in late February 2010. The release of the skateboard triggered a series of building contests that are still ongoing today. The contests are all with ROBLOX being teamed up with Disney.
Skateboards were released as a new object in the editor, as well as gear.
How they work
The skateboards work just like vehicles, except with a few changes to make it look and feel like you are skating. Experimental body animation frames were used to make it look like you are skateboarding. There are a few problems with you falling over on your side and getting stuck. This can be fixed by adding an unflip tool or GUI. To dismount, the player presses Backspace ("Esc" before 2011).
- ROBLOX Skateboard - 100 ROBUX
- BC Skateboard - 100 ROBUX and BC-only
- TBC Skateboard - was 100 ROBUX and TBC-only, no longer for sale
- OBC Skateboard - was 100 ROBUX and OBC-only, no longer for sale
- Ultimate Slide Skateboard - was originally 100 ROBUX and now a LimitedU item
- Merica Airwalker - was originally 200 ROBUX and now a LimitedU item
- Skeleboard 250 ROBUX - no longer for sale
- TMNT Skateboard - sponsored item, no longer for sale
- Fancy Skateboard - could be obtained by purchasing a ROBLOX card from GameStop during January 2013, later went limited
- Graffiti Skateboard - 125 ROBUX
- Summer Skate - 200 ROBUX
- Cartoon Network Skateboard - 1 tickets, sponsored item, no longer for sale
- Summer 2014 Skateboard - no longer for sale
- Red Grind Skateboard - was originally 77 ROBUX and now a LimitedU item
- REKTangle Board - 150 ROBUX
- The Dinoboard - 1 tickets (sponsored item, no longer for sale)
- Skater's Skateboard - came out of the Platformer Gift
- Solid Gold Skateboard - 1,000 ROBUX
- 8 Bit Skateboard - 88 ROBUX
- Ice Cream Skateboard- 100 ROBUX
- Originally, skateboards could not be picked up, which led to many players complaining about losing their skateboards, but sometime in 2014 or 2015, ROBLOX added the ability to pick up all skateboards, to avoid losing them.
- Sometimes, when a player tries to get on a skateboard, it would tip over on its side, making it impossible to get on.
- It is unknown why the TBC and OBC skateboards were put offsale around March of 2016.