2005: Studs are square and the studs look popped out instead of in.
2006–2009: Studs don't look popped out anymore and studs became circle studs similar to LEGO.
Early 2009: Studs don't look like LEGO anymore but instead, have become square but lacks the "R" on the studs.
2009–2013: The "R" symbol is implemented and are on the square studs.
2013–2015: Square studs are refined and have better shading.
2015 maintenance page: Released, studs are similar to Blockland's.
2014/2015–January 2017: The outlines on studs become more shaded.January 2017 – March 2017: The R is changed to a tilted O, like the "O" in the ROBLOX logo. This style of studs is used for a short time. March 2017 – present: ROBLOX's "O" favicon is removed.
TriviaThis section is a trivia section. Please relocate any relevant information into other sections of the article.
- The old ROBLOX studs look similar to the LEGO studs.
- ROBLOX wasn't sued by the LEGO Company for circle studs. LEGO company does not have a patent on the LEGO brick.
- The ROBLOX studs also appear similar to the Blockland studs, except that Blockland made their square shaped studs before ROBLOX did (possibly to avoid infringement as well).
- Some people dislike the new square studs, and will make textures that resemble or are the same as the old circular ones.
- Studs are also used in measuring. For example, a ROBLOXian is 5 studs tall.
- According to the ROBLOX Blog, 1 meter is equal to 20 ROBLOX studs, so a stud is 5 centimeters, and a real-life ROBLOXian (that is 5 studs tall) would be 25 centimeters, about 10 inches tall.