Tickets (shortened to "Tx" or "Tix") is a discontinued currency and was one of the two currencies of ROBLOX. Compared to the primary currency, ROBUX, Tickets have a very small value. Tickets were earned by players through various methods including visiting the site daily and having other users visit their Place. Tickets could be spent on Catalog items and on advertisements.
All users earned 10 as a daily login bonus. When the Ambassador program was still running, you earned 2 per link each day.
Users earned 1 for every place visit. If you had Builders Club, you could make your place BC-only, and this payout would increase to 10 per visit instead.
- Main article: Catalog
You were able to purchase certain items using your Tickets through the Catalog, including hats, faces, and player-created content. You could also sell your own content, such as T-Shirts, to earn Ticket revenue. Clothing designers who sold clothing in Tickets earned 70% of all revenue received from that item. Regular users earned 10% of all revenue and 90% if they were in Builders Club.
RoblEX (Trade Currency)
- Main article: RoblEX
RoblEX, commonly known as the Currency Exchange, was a feature which allowed you to trade your Tickets for ROBUX and vice versa. This in turn created the ROBLOX economy as the price of Tickets and ROBUX changed through supply and demand. You could earn a substantial amount of profit by buying a large amount of ROBUX for a lower price, then exchanging them later for a larger sum of Tickets.
Along with Tickets, RoblEX was removed on April 14, 2016.
There are several reasons why the Tickets had been discontinued. The following reasons were cited in the blog post:
- Tickets had caused confusion and delay for first-time users. By removing Tickets ROBLOX will be simplified from the UI to the catalog to user-accounting.
- More free items are intended to be released; avatar customization without ROBUX will continue to be creative and rich, migrating towards a fully community driven catalog.
- Remove incentive for people to login every day simply for the Ticket bonus.
- Remove incentive for people to create alt accounts for more.
Tickets were not converted to ROBUX if they were not spent by April 14, 2016.
ROBLOX also planned to unveil a new rich achievement and reward system to replace the Ticket bonus. Currency Exchange was also removed at this time. Additionally, the price floor was lowered to 5 to compensate for these changes. Items sold with a Ticket price will have their price converted to ROBUX at a rate of 17:1. To celebrate the Tickets, exclusive, commemorative items were sold in the Catalog from March 15, 2016 to April 14, 2016. Currency trading rates were expected to fluctuate during this time period.
These changes were tested on ROBLOX's GameTest1 site to test the economy before implementing this change. This was done to see if removing Tickets was a viable option.
Many users who are obsessed with Tickets were unhappy, disappointed, angry, mad, sad, and very cross with this change and voiced their disapproval on the Forums.
- There are also other users that believed this is an April Fools Joke. (Because considering the fact that the announcement of tix removal was on April) This events led to the creation of some games such as "In the memory of Tix" which features a graveyard of tix, a statue of tix, a pile of tix, a rainy background, and the song "See You Again".
Also a huge arguement formed, which caused a ruckus across Roblox for a few days and settled down after the Tix got removed.