Vortex Special Ops, also known as "VSO", is a war group with about 53,000 members, Founded in around 2009-2010 by Shain1 (Now VSOGeneralShain1). VSO is one of the most well-known clans in ROBLOX.
Vortex Special Ops gained almost all of its members using the VIP recruitment method, which is where people gain VIP for a game by joining the clan. The game VSO used is DANGERTIM122 's Build to Survive the Zombies. Today, the general stopped the VIP Recruitment and gained his members by normal means.
Disclaimer: Thanks to Guyalf1 for most of this information!
- In 2012, VSO started its first war against The VOX Empire, a 30k clan led by Voxhall, The creator of the classic famous game "Star Wars Tycoon". VSO won the war by a score of six to four (6-4). After defeat, The VOX Empire shut down due to rage on losing the war. In the same year, the General was banned from Roblox for unknown reasons (theorized to be a hacker) and returned as “VSOGeneralShain1.”
- In 2013, VSO hit 40k members, and hit the “Top 10 Clans” leaderboard. Two divisions were created, VSO:T and VSO:NF. In the same year, VSO:RB was created as a squad (not a division) by gaster1234567890
- In 2014, VSO hit 50k members and released the fort known as Warzone Nathia Gali. The fort received a lot good comments.
- In 2015, Justzwaggerit was promoted to Lieutenant General. He was later exiled due to mass exiling Lieutenants.
- In the same year, VSO was attacked by a large amount of hackers by a hit from V3rmillion (a hacking forum). It got to the point that soldiers couldn’t patrol headquarters because every server was hacked. The hit was given by king_booty, a infamous scammer and clickbait place creator and another player who is unknown today.
- In 2016, VSO released Warzone Kahagan V2 (aka Warzone K2). This fort had a massive collaboration, including Coolsniper150 and a lot of new scripters who joined VSO to help. Coolsniper150 became the next Lieutenant General, and promoted to 3iC.
- In the same year, VSO was attacked by another group of hackers known as Team CORE. They hacked VSO because they wanted to put their statue on VSO's base. They have delarced a unofficial war on VSO and called it official due to them lying about it being "accepted". They hacked any VSO server and called it a official win for their clan. After some raids, their leader got banned from Roblox for unknown reasons, So CORE stopped the exploit raiding, but never talked about the unfair "war".
- Almost all the year, after CORE attacked VSO, RIC, better known as the Roblox Infantry Corps have been raiding all the year.
- In 2017, the 3iC Coolsniper150 received a message from Colonel De_Elite’s brother saying that she had passed away. This information hurt the members of VSO deeply and even came to famous clan leaders. It was later discovered that De_Elite had not passed away, but was actually in a coma. De_Elite had survived the coma but was left deaf, she has quit Roblox since. This event have stopped the hate aganist VSO and made many clans pray for VSOs safety.
- In the same year, Bnv1186 was promoted to Lieutenant General. (Today 3rd in command)
- Also in feburary 2017, VSO went through a massive reform. Six ranks were added to VSO, and a major rank reform was put into effect. The six ranks added were Lance Corporal, Staff Sergeant, First Lieutenants (Second Lieutenants are the former “Lieutenant” rank), Major, Lieutenant Colonel, and Major General. Refecti became the first Major General, followed by Verret001 shortly after.
- Around in July-September 2017, A clan known as The Tempus Imperium (TTI) have delarced war on VSO without PMing a LT-GEN+ about it. After the warning that one of the HRs of VSO Gave to TTI, They said they dont care and still delarced the official war and raided VSO with breaking rules. Later it became official, confirmed by Coolsniper150 and later VSO delarced them as winners because of their unfair base & their unfair-rulebreaking raids. They still raided VSO, after almost being blacklisted. This event is called "The Tempus Imperium Drama". Today their leader, Scelus is perm-muted on arctic outpost for causing the events above.
- VSO also released a new base known as Arctic Warzone in alpha version on october 5th, and known to be a large success for their bases. It is still unknown when it will be full released.
- Right before the new year, MrNoodler became the third Major General.
- In the beginning of the year, LT-GEN Coolsniper150 resigned as 3iC because of real life issues. This made LT-GEN Bnv1186 become the 3rd in command. Also, the general confirmed new reforms coming later this year on janurary 10th, and due to the new reforms he promoted all PVTs that are active to PFCs and changed all of the division's descs and also including the main one.
[PVT] Private: Privates are the foundation of VSO. They are the men and women that defend HQ and help to win raids. They have no authority to issue any official orders, they also can't make squads.
[PFC] Private First Class: PFCs are men and women who've shown they can prove useful and follow VSO rules. They are better fit for being in squads and following orders.
[L-CPL] Lance Corporal: Lance Corporals are the true beginning for a VSO soldier. They can carry around and order one man in their squad.
[CPL] Corporal: Corporals have proven they can lead men and can now run a squad of three men.
[SGT] Sergeant: Sergeants have shown they are both skilled and effective at leading. SGTs can be trusted to protect the base when needed and can lead a squad of four men. SGTs must assist Staff-Sergeants hosting drills.
[S-SGT] Staff Sergeant: S-SGTs are go-to for squad leaders. S-SGT must ensure all other LRs are not slacking off. If LRs are found slacking off with an S-SGT on deck, the S-SGT is responsible for it. They have proven over and over again that they know what they're doing. They are skilled at executing commands and watching over their men. They can lead a squad of five men and also host drills with a permission of an HR.
[S-LT] Second Lieutenant: Second LTs are the true leaders of HQ. They are directly responsible for creating and sending out squads in HQ. They are no longer squad leaders but watch over all squads at once. S-LTs are also responsible for watching over S-SGTs.
[F-LT] First Lieutenant: the First LT is the first trainer rank in VSO. They are also responsible for creating and sending out squads in HQ, but may also host regular VSO training. They are now permitted to be temp-modded in HQ, as they have proven themselves responsible. F-LTs must send their panels to their CPT in-charge.
[CPT] Captain: Captains are responsible for watching over two First LTs and ensuring that they maintain activity and responsibility. They no longer host regular training, as they focus their time on hosting division training and activities.
[MAJ] Major: Majors are responsible for watching the Second LTs and suggesting which Second LTs should be promoted to First LTs. They are also responsible for hosting regular training and boot camp.
[LT-COL] Lieutenant Colonel: LT-Colonels watch over two CPTs to ensure they are maintaining activity and responsibility. They are also responsible for hosting division training and activities.
[COL] Colonel: Colonels are responsible for watching over Majors and LT-Colonels. They can also host regular training and boot camp.
[M-GEN] Major General: The Major General oversees all of VSO:-HRs. The Major General is in charge of promoting or demoting VSO:-HRs based on performance.
[LT-GEN] Lieutenant General: LT-Generals are responsible for making sure that all of VSO is running correctly.
Vortex Special Ops has 4 divisions that require certain ranks.
Vortex Special Ops: Airborne is the 1st division, which is a special air force position given to Lieutenants. Lieutenants, however, can get kicked from this division for disobeying orders and not acting as a lieutenant. Lieutenants are required to go to the VSO: A training held by a COL+. It does not have much difference from the main division, but gives access to aircraft in both Vortex Special Ops' HQ and Outpost Bakkarah. VSO: A is only allowed for LT+.
Vortex Special Ops: High Ranks is the 2nd division, being the division High Ranks are in, containing Vortex Special Ops members at the ranks of Captain, Major, LT-Colonel, Colonel, Major-General, Lieutenant General, and the General. Some of the High Ranks have an admin at Warzone K2. They ban hackers if they have enough evidence, KOS(Kill on sight) EX-VSO members, and have the authority to jail them.
Vortex Special Ops: Naval Forces are the 3rd division, and also has many members, having strict rank requirements as well, it also has Vortex Special Ops members at almost all ranks except Private. It is the only division not founded by VSOGeneralShain1(or Shain1), but by a former High Rank in Vortex Special Ops. It was later taken over by VSOGeneralShain1 as an official division.
Vortex Special Ops: Rancor Battalion is the 4th division and also has the most member's, Having more strict requirements, and has Vortex Special Ops members at all rank's including Private. It is one Division not founded by VSOGeneralShain1 (or Shain1) but by a former High Rank in Vortex Special Ops. It was later taken over by VSOGeneralShain1 as an official division, which was run by Gaster123456789 until his account was banned and he started VSOCaptainGaster, who was later exiled in 2015 when he started Shadow Operation Specialist and refused to Exile the VSO members who joined his group.
Vortex Special Ops: Technicians is the 5th division. It doesn't have any rank requirements, but it does require that you have skills in Lua Script Writing and/or Roblox Studio building. It's currently owned by VSOGeneralShain1, but it's managed by his Head Technician coolsniper150. This division is for the technical advancements in VSO, and generally manages the guns, bases and main scripts of VSO. There are several levels of technicians, Recruit Technicians, Basic Technicians, and Advanced Technicians.
Outpost Bakkarah is the replacement of the previous outpost, Outpost Arctic. It is not used as a raiding base currently. Instead, it is used as the VSO: Rancor Battalion training center.
The new headquarters and the current base of VSO. Just like the old headquarters, a woodland base and in the middle a city. The raiders base is on a separate island & to raid you must use the boats or bridge.
Many people criticized this HQ For being a "ripoff" of RIC's headquarters & having strict rules.
Arctic Warzone (ALPHA)
One of the biggest forts ever created, Set in Antartica, A really well-developed fort that was developed for more than 5 months. It contains a massive rewrite of many systems, A new jackpot system, VSO Admin Commands v2.0 and FE Convention. It was released on Alpha version on October 19th, 2017. Arctic Warzone is the biggest and most developed base in VSO's history (Took almost a year to build)
(This page will be updated soon)
Pakistan Military (in short: PM) is a new upcoming military clan, made by general himself. This is currently a group of 300+ members and its growing well. This is allied to VORTEX SPECIAL OPS as well.
It is currently lead by VSO Colonel And PM Brigadier [BD] Saqibali123.
Vortex Special Ops has formerly been at war with the following groups: VSO Is not currently accepting wars due to reforms in progress.
Old Criticism of VSO
VSO has had a lot of criticism in ROBLOX, The first reason is that VSO had copied many models including RIC's HQ and Alpha Authority's Outpost. The second reason is there are unskilled people inside VSO, that couldn't defeat a horde of raiders, and third is that VSO is full of kids. In around 2014 the criticism was reduced.
- Mobile Bloxxers (Tie due to the general being banned)
- The Raven Empire
- The VOX Empire (Victory to VSO)
- The Robloxian Army
- Roblox Assault Association (Victory to VSO)
- Frost Clan
- United States Military (Auto win due to hacking)
- Roblox Night Wing (Victory to VSO)
- Military Special Forces (Victory to VSO)
- The United States Army (Claimed auto-win based on exploiting)
- India Army (Victory to VSO)
- Nmerdo's Crew (Autowin due to false-war declaration)
- The Tempus Imperium (Victory to VSO due to "unfair" raids.)
- One of the oldest forts named Headquarters Base Kenway is named after Connor Kenway from the Assassin's Creed series of video games published by Ubisoft. It confirms that the general likes the game "Assassin's Creed".
- Warzone K2 is also the joint base of VSO and PM.
- One of the largest wars is The VOX Empire, an old clan that was alive around 2011-2012 with 30k members. VSO had won against them, and then because of the win, The leaders, PeerPants, and Vauxhall shut down the clan due to rage.
- VSOCaptainGaster, previously known as gaster123456789, was an EX-CPT of VSO. He was the founder of Rancor Battalion, which was given later to VSOGeneralShain1. Around the end of 2014, he got banned for raging on some people that were raiding VSO HQ. Also, in 2015 he was known as VSOCaptainGaster. Around the start of September 2015, he got exiled for making a clan named "Shadow Operation Specialist" and recruiting VSO members. The General asked him to remove the VSO members but he refused. Today, He is known as ShadowGeneralGaster, who retired from ROBLOX for awhile due to real life problems. ShadowGeneralGaster is now hacked and may never return due to this.
- There are theories that the hacker who hacked Shain1 was the hacker who hacked 1dev2.
- goodcaboose456 went off duty in 2016 for personal reasons which he later said that he had a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Which meant he had to go to rehab and recover for over 6 months due to the severity of the injury.